do you share your hobby with others?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
fiz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

do you share your hobby with others?

Post by fiz »

like if a coworker asks you what are you upto or whats with all the random photos when you are putting together stuff in the breakroom?
or if not a close friend asks you what are you writing?

do you honestly tell them you are sending out fanmail? or do you just brush it off saying something else?

i personally do not share what i am doing, because a simple question has too many followup questions that i usually dont have the time for. i tell them its a project for school or something

just curious on how you guys handle it?
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: do you share your hobby with others?

Post by johnnylightninglives »

I tell people proudly that i collect autographs...its a good hobby that has been around for a long time and nothing to be embarassed about. {up} [ca]
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

johnnylightninglives wrote:I tell people proudly that i collect autographs...its a good hobby that has been around for a long time and nothing to be embarassed about. {up} [ca]
Can't agree more, and 98% of the people I tell support it and enjoy seeing what I get in as much as I do.
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050
topsignatures
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by topsignatures »

Yep... I tell all about it in my Autograph Adventures section on topsignatures.com

Gotta add tons more... just got it going recently..
Check out http://www.TopSignatures.com
New items added very often and check out the "Autograph Adventures" section that chronicles the hunt for signatures.
Be sure to click "Like" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/topsignaturesllc
ff_angel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ff_angel »

Yes I tell anyone who asks. Or if my friends asks what I have been up to, I tell them.

My husband is hugely supportive of my hobby. He sometimes doesn't know who is in my collection, but if it is someone he knows and likes he becomes a "fangirl" as much as I do, lol
His parents know too. I am not sure they quite understand, but they think it is cool :)

Also, my parents receive my UK successes to their house (to save postage back to the USA).

Plus I have my autograph page on Facebook which most of my Facebook friends have liked.
To see more of my successes please look at my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SarahsAutosPage
It has been updated with NEW posts!! (17August 2015) Please feel free to like and comment.!

Latest success: Michelle Fairley

Currently collecting:
SCRUBS 8 cast members (8 photos)
LOST: 20 cast members (30 photos)
HUNGER GAMES:33 cast members (50 photos)
HARRY POTTER:: 44 cast members (61 photos)
And many more!

If anyone has any valid addresses for members of the televison show LOST or SCRUBS please PM me. Please check the Scrubs thread
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

I do, too! I was telling a co-worker today about some of the folks I've gotten TTM and she was really impressed. In fact, we were doing a "get to know each other" exercise since we just switched up teams, and we each had to answer a random question. Mine was, if you could go back and relive any moment of your life, what would be? One of my co-workers piped up, "which autograph was it??"
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
naidivad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by naidivad »

I don't ;-)
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

i show a couple people at work. one of my co-workers loves boxing, so whenever i send to boxers he has every Ring magazine ever created so i'll throw in his magazine too and ask the boxer to personalize that one to him.

some boxers charge, and my work friend will pay for both of ours sometimes. so sharing could actually benefit you {up}
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
Judy89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Judy89 »

I wish my friends/family were more interested in my hobby...

Most Recent Success: Max Riemelt
Waiting for: Rachel McAdams x2, Elisha Cuthbert x2, Christina Ricci, Jackson Rathbone, Alex Max Band VV x3, Gavin DeGraw VV, Milo Ventimiglia VV, Chad Michael Murray, Simple Plan VV x2, Elyas M'Barek, Sarah Wayne Callies, John Stamos VV, Chace Crawford, Shane West, Emma Bunton, Coldplay VV x2, Lionel Richie VV x2, Mischa Barton VVx2, Taylor Swift VV, No Doubt VV x2, Mena Suvari, Ashley Benson, Ashley Greene
Most Wanted: Nicole Richie, Ashlee Simpson

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION HERE @ my Tumblr
TWITTER: @Judy89
FANPAGES: Nicole Richie News + Mary-KateAndAshley89
kylemaj5
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kylemaj5 »

I try not to because if others want to after i tell them mine might not come back as bad lol [us]