Do you collect for fun or to sell your autographs?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
homestead58
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Do you collect for fun or to sell your autographs?

Post by homestead58 »

I'm curious. Do you collect for fun and write to people you admire? Or do you collect for quantity and just want all the autographs you could possibly get? Do you plan to keep your collection? Do you plan to sell your collection? Do you collect for a profit?

Personally, I don't think I could ever sell my collection. I've only written to people I admire and therefore there's a real sentimental value in it for me. I write detailed, thoughtful letters because I think it improves the quality of the autograph you'll receive back. Plus, I like making the celebrities I write to a bit happier! :mrgreen: {up} I'd just like to hear what everyone else has to say.

Emily
** Click here to see my autograph collection!
bookeebear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Do you collect for fun or to sell your autographs?

Post by bookeebear »

I only write to people I actually like. I sometimes write to people my family likes so they can have an autograph. I don't think I would ever sell my collection as I will either one day leave it to my daughter (if she likes it) or my niece....
Favorite autographs: One Direction <3, Paul Rudd (VV), Jake M Johnson (via private address), Katie Leclerc x2 (in person & ttm)
Most recent: Katie Leclerc - obtained in person!
Recently sent: Austin Butler, Bam Margera, Vanessa Marano, Lucas Grabeel, Kellan Lutz, Edie Falco, Scarlett Johannson (VV), Zach Galifianakis, Taylor Swift, Channing Tatum, Willie Roberston (for my husband) and Max Greenfield
Sean SJazz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sean SJazz »

I only collect for fun and i only will write people i really have great respect for. it is due to this that my family and friends dont really know who the people are that i have in my collection, but it doesnt matter to me cause i know that and that is all that counts. i would NEVER sell anything in my collection. i have only been doing this for almost 1 year now, and i love it...it gets expesive at times with the stamps, envelopes, paper, ext. but it's a lot of fun and it can only get better with time. but that is just me.
best wishes Sean Sjazz
sohryu76
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sohryu76 »

for fun...
to have a collection of people I like.
Will not sell them unless I have to to survive.
http://sohryu76-autographs.blogspot.com/ - my Autograph Collecting Blog. Thanks for looking!
http://breadnfire.tumblr.com/ - Peeta Mellark's version of the Hunger Games
Marvel Avengers Alliance Game - Great Time Killer
Currently Waiting For:
Nikki Reed, Josh Hutcherson (Private Address), Jennifer Lawrence (Private Address), Gwyneth Paltrow (Iron Man 3 VV), Josh Duhamel (VV), Julianne Hough (VV), Mark Ruffalo (VV), Jennifer Lawrence (VV), Josh Hutcherson (VV)

Pending In Order:
Julia Jones, Sno E. Blac, Elisha Cuthbert, Amber Lancaster, Aly Michalka, Taylor Swift Booboo Stewart (Once Julia Jones comes back)

Received:
Norman Reedus (VV-The Walking Dead) 7/16/2012, Isabelle Fuhrman 08/21/2012, Jennifer Lawrence Sec 09/08/2012, Ashley Greene (VV) 03/02/2013, Suzanne Collins (Private Address) 03/11/2013
stumper93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stumper93 »

Definitely for fun.

However, from looking at other people on this site I'm a minority in which I will write to anyone. My only thing is as long as I've seen them once before in a movie, TV show, etc., I will write to them.

I showcase my autograph collection in a pub so I have to keep up in my collection by getting new photos all the time.

The only autographs I've ever "sold" or "gotten rid of" were for a charity donation in my town. But otherwise, I don't think I'd ever sell them. Something the grandkids will like someday.
http://johnsautographs.weebly.com/index.html

My autograph site. Check it out!
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by EmmaSheree »

Collect for fun because i like the celeb.

I do sell my doubles
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Yeah, just for fun. I only write to people I really like, or if they played a character I enjoyed (like, if an actor's voiced Dr. Doom in a cartoon, chances are I'm going to write to him).

I've sold some autographs before, but only when $$ was really tight and I had to do it. I don't think I could ever do it again, because I had to part with some that I really loved.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
hmmhelp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hmmhelp »

I collect for fun and have never sold any nor would I. I only write to people I LIKE LIKE. I have written to people for other family members. I intend to one day pass down my collection to my daughter. She has already at the age of 6 caught the autograph bug and loves when I get a success as much as I do.
Last success, Ashley Greene.

Like my Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/HeathersAutographs

Most Wanted- Vin Diesel, Entire Cast of True Blood, Cast of The Walking Dead, cast of Once Upon A Time.

True Blood cast- 45
The Walking Dead- 7
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jessemcluv »

I'd never sell. I write to people who I've loved there work. I can't part with any of my autos.. they are my babies.
^Thanks to -Lil1- for the signature!!!!
Most Wanted: Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Gillies, John Goodman, John Lasseter, Tsubasa English Dub Cast, Tom Hanks
Favorites: Big Time Rush {IP}, Jason Aldean, Demi Lovato, Danielle Campbell, Munro Chambers, Devon Bostick, Billy Crystal

Current Collections: Toy Story, Disney Princess, Pixar Animators, Tsubasa (English Dub) Cast

Recent Received: N/A
Recent Sent: Nancy Cartwright, 7.12.14
Check my website!!! jmlxautographs.webs.com <- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! (Will be updated with new autographs soon!)
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

I only collect for fun too. Although I'd be willing to trade one of my doubles for some other autograph... But just trade, not sell.
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g