Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Moderator: admin

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

lightsaber
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Personalized or Not?

Post by lightsaber »

[If signs point to the celeb being an authentic signer] having an inscription of my name makes the autograph all the more special to me. Definitely personalized!
My most wanted: Dianna Agron, Glee Cast, Jennifer Lawrence, Lady Gaga, Rob Dyrdek, Shay Mitchell, Miley Cyrus, Rupert Grint, Alanna Masterson, Eliza Taylor, Jon Groff.
Favorite Autographs: Heather Morris (authentic), Lea Michele (IP), Matthew Morrison (IP), Tom Welling (authentic), Lucy Hale (authentic purchase), Kristin Chenoweth (authentic purchase)
check out my instagram: @agronskyfan
lehah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by lehah »

goswannies wrote:Personalized is good if it means that someone who doesn't usually sign, will sign because they know it's less likely to end up on eBay

Personalized if I want to display the signed item

Personalized in books or on bookplates

Personalized if I want to gift the item to someone (I think - if a friend is a fan of someone then an item signed and personalized by that someone can make a nice gift)

Not personalized if a secretary does the personalization - regardless of whether the autograph is real or (worse still) a pre-print.
Agreed on all points, especially the first one. A couple of actors (I remember Mark Hamill being adamant at conventions) about personalizing photos.

Also: personalizing something as a gift goes very far. Twice I had a book signed for two different female friends and the light in their eyes when they saw it was worth it...
DistantAvalon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by DistantAvalon »

I like it when the celeb adds my name, but I hate when their secs do the personalization!
Pallokalat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Pallokalat »

I like personzalied ones!
kaleykitty87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kaleykitty87 »

Personalized! It has much more sentimental value, if it is personalized by the celebrity IMO. If it's a sec personalization, I wouldn't mind, if it was a photo, so I could remove it. But, I'd really hate it, if it was something that I can't remove (the sec I mean).
Pallokalat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Pallokalat »

I prefer personzalied ones.
bensey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by bensey »

Personalized ones are much better in my opinion(if really the clelebrity does the personalization,not secetarial),becuase I think it really shows that the star cares about her fans.
usernamegoeshere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by usernamegoeshere »

I try to go to great lengths to get my autographed personalized.

I used to ask for my photos to be personalized in letters but after being slightly disappointed at the fact that some of my autographs weren't personalized even after I requested personalization, I've started putting sticky notes on the photos to ask for personalization. It means more to me than just an autograph itself, and I hope it gets the message across to the celebrity signing that I have no intention of selling it.
Marsha1993
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Marsha1993 »

I would rather my autographs be personalized. Like many others have said, it makes you feel like the -celebrities actually take the time to read your letter. Now, I think if the celebrity writes a note on the picture, it shows they read your letter and really appreciate their fans. The celebrities I write to really arent that famous, so its always great when they send a letter or note along with the picture.
s1m0ne
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by s1m0ne »

Personalised! Stops people from selling them