Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Moderator: admin

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

Nissaea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Personalized or Not?

Post by Nissaea »

What is your preference and why?

Perhaps pros and cons as well.

I'm just curious as at first I really enjoyed having the celebrity actually personalize the autograph to me. However, at times I wish it was only their autograph in order to frame and display in my home.

Some celebs seem not to sign unless they can personalize in fear of it being sold.

Anyhow, enough of my jib jab. What do you think?

Check out my autograph site!
http://www.freewebs.com/nissaea/

Formely known as Insatia

Autograph Collector since 1998
Official Fanmail.biz member since 22 Apr 2005
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by ozzman »

I prefer the photo being personalized. I just like knowing that it is too me. A little bit of extra value to me. anybody can slap their name on a photo but when they take the time to slap your name on it too just seems a little extra special for some reason.

I like this poll I want to hear everybodys else answers
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Nissaea {up}

I have to go for the autograph only option, as I am collecting for charity auction. If the autos I get sent are personalised then they are useless to me :P

Unfortunately it is not as easy as it sounds, as most celebs WANT to personalise their autographs as it stops them turning up unauthorised on EBAY :lol:

Ian :mrgreen:
PhillyPhan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by PhillyPhan »

I personally enjoy having it personallized to me because it has more sentimental value....but then when I pass them on to my children they wont be quite as special.
on_the_edge
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by on_the_edge »

I definately prefer them personalized, it makes me think that they have read my letter.
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by BossC »

on_the_edge wrote:I definately prefer them personalized, it makes me think that they have read my letter.
Ditto!!! {up}

Although there are some celebs that I would be happy with just an autograph from, receiving one that is personalized really makes me feel appreciated as a fan.

BossC
Last edited by BossC on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starreyes
Interests:

Post by starreyes »

I prefer personalized autographs. I mean, sure, there are those that you would rather have not personalized so that they would sell better later, but it's kind of cool to think that this big important person was thinking about YOU for a few seconds at least. Even if they don't know you personaly, and probably will never meet you, for the 5 seconds it takes to sign a picture they are thinking about the you they know from the letter you wrote, and it's just kind of neat to know that.
starreyes
Interests:

Post by starreyes »

Lucas42 wrote:
for the 5 seconds it takes to sign a picture they are thinking about the you they know from the letter you wrote, and it's just kind of neat to know that.
Yes, I think so too! In fact, call me a freak, but I enjoy watching the actors in films and thinking "tee hee! in their spare time that hand is used to write my name on pictures" :lol:
That's what I do too!
The_Terrible_Toad_King
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by The_Terrible_Toad_King »

I like personalised, even better I think if theyve left a little message on the pic for you as well :) like what Jonny Wilkinson does
Dallas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Dallas »

Boy are me and Collector the odd balls here, I just want the autograph. Im not doing this for fun, Im doing this for comparison and then I show my school my accomplishments and who Ive found writes like a kid does that a writing doesnt have to be perfect, (Ive found that with Larry the Cable Guy LOL) Soon, sure Ill keep them but sometimes I give them away once Ive looked at them for sooo long, enough of my rambling like Nissaea tell me your opinion on this post.

Dallas :shock: