Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

CaeleyWhalie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Personalized or Not?

Post by CaeleyWhalie »

Personalized! If they personalized it, I feel like they read my letter, and they personalized it just for me
Most Recent Success: Dylan Everet and Melinda Shankar (Email PP's)

In Person Successes: Andrew Allen and Nate Lotz

Number of Successes in Total: 19

Successes TTM: Selena Gomez (SFM), Steffanie Scott x2, Doug Brochu, Anne Murray, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Mort Walker, Ariana Grande, Ed Asner and Ryan Ochoa

Email: Selena Gomez (SFM), Judge Judy, Karan Brar, Drew Seeley, Steffanie Leigh, Coco Jones, Alicia Josipovic, Dylan Everett and Melinda Shankar (together)
Jeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jeff »

Personalized, I'm collecting autographs and there is no need to sell them. I would never sell them. ;-)
Wolfrott
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wolfrott »

Personalized :) It makes it that more special to you, because it's addressed to you, and the celebrity took the time and effort to read your letter plus sign it.
topsignatures
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by topsignatures »

I would rather not have anything personalized, although, it doesn't always end up the case.

Even if I'm keeping it, to me just looks better without it.
Check out http://www.TopSignatures.com
New items added very often and check out the "Autograph Adventures" section that chronicles the hunt for signatures.
Be sure to click "Like" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/topsignaturesllc
Sikorka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sikorka »

I like personalized autographs, because, just as you said, it's more special, maybe more "private". I am a bit disappointed when I got autograph without personalization, but I realize that they just may not have time to personalize every single autograph :)
And Love Is Not The Easy Thing
The Only Baggage You Can Bring
Is All That You Can't Leave Behind//
U2
gghi18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gghi18 »

I prefer personalized, too. It makes this hobby that much more fun if the person you sent replies with a funny or sincere message on a photo or a piece of paper. I do feel sympathy for the real fans who struggle to get authentic autographs from their favorite star but other people receive them to sell. Technically, it is their right to sell them but it makes it difficult for genuine fans because we're viewed as selling them commonly (It's comical in a way because stars don't like it when people sell their autograph but usually a real fan buys the autograph obtained by the seller). It'd be cool if genuine fans could meet our favorite stars and get their autograph so nobody had to buy them but that's in dream world. Plus, I think what's additionally fun about this hobby is the hunt...when I say this, when I receive an autograph from someone I've been trying to get for years, it make the autograph even that much more special. For example: I was a fan of Anna Faris since "Scary Movie" came out and I didn't get her autograph (though had send and failed) until she did "The House Bunny" back in 2008, I believe (about 8 years but it's one of my favorites). Thanks!
-gghi18
I appreciate and welcome comments on the authenticity of autographs I have received. Thank you! Sincerely, gghi18 8)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marks-Autograph-Page/123624227817324?ref=hl (My autograph collection Facebook page).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Panhandler/122294424546484 (Check out my short, independent film I wrote called, “The Panhandler,” which is currently in the works. "Like" the Facebook page and show us your love & support, please!)

Latest Success: Carl Reiner
LizzietheCollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LizzietheCollector »

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other I love just receiving something back from the person I write to that is authentic. But if I had the choice personalized because I'm collecting for me and it just makes it more special to me, like they might of actually read my letter.
Autographs: Daniel Radcliffe, Pauley Perrette, Disney Princesses, Mary Costa, James Marsters, Doug Brochu, Heather Brewer, Robert Axelrod, Beth Revis, Judge Judy, Tara Strong, Josh Dallas, Helen McCrory, Zachary Levi, Maggie Smith, Jesse McCartney, Jodi Benson, Yuri Lowenthal, Michael Rosenbaum, Richard Armitage, Henry Cavill(sec?), Zoe Wanamaker, Jeremy Renner, Nicholas Hoult, Davo Okeniyi, Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson and a bunch of anime voice actors.

Autograph Website: http://lizziesautographs.weebly.com/
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

Personalized For Sure… Just the other day i was thanking a celebrity on twitter saying thanks for signing my index card and she sent them about 6 months ago i just wanted to thank her she replied saying " I can't believe you still have that thanks so much for your sweet letter" i was so happy she still remembers me :)
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by EmmaSheree »

C1RQU1T wrote:Personalized For Sure… Just the other day i was thanking a celebrity on twitter saying thanks for signing my index card and she sent them about 6 months ago i just wanted to thank her she replied saying " I can't believe you still have that thanks so much for your sweet letter" i was so happy she still remembers me :)
I love it when you thank a celeb on twitter and they reply to you.
Ive had replys on twitter from Chris Rankin,Drew seeley and Kevin Chamberlin when i thanked them for autos.

i like getting personalized autos coz it feels like the celebs read my letter (which i ask for a dedication) and it makes it more special to me if its dedicated
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

EmmaSheree wrote:
C1RQU1T wrote:Personalized For Sure… Just the other day i was thanking a celebrity on twitter saying thanks for signing my index card and she sent them about 6 months ago i just wanted to thank her she replied saying " I can't believe you still have that thanks so much for your sweet letter" i was so happy she still remembers me :)
I love it when you thank a celeb on twitter and they reply to you.
Ive had replys on twitter from Chris Rankin,Drew seeley and Kevin Chamberlin when i thanked them for autos.

i like getting personalized autos coz it feels like the celebs read my letter (which i ask for a dedication) and it makes it more special to me if its dedicated
I know it makes you feel special especially when they reply to you on twitter :)
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3