DVD inserts...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
picture_blogger86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

DVD inserts...

Post by picture_blogger86 »

How often do you send DVD inserts?

I sent the Blu Ray cover of Toy Story 3 to Tom Hanks last March (2011) and never got it back (at least not yet.) Very disappointed. I made a glossy copy of it for my box so I have something.

Does anybody have any tips in getting the cover back?

Have u sent inserts?
Did you get them back? Which ones did you send you?
Recently Received: Paige O'Hara, Don Rickles, Phyllis Smith, Larry The Cable Guy, Sam Elliott, Katharine Ross :)
RTS: Nick Offerman :(
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: DVD inserts...

Post by ScottishDan »

Sending DVD Inserts is always a huge risk. You have to be careful who you send to.

Tom Hanks is an extremely rare signer through the mail, though I got him to sign my Toy Story VHS cover a few years ago which was amazing.

I have lost a few covers in the past - Pink Panther, Evan Almighty, can't remember any others..

I have also had dvd coverts come back with a secretary autograph, 24, Phonebooth..

But I have had a few great successes with inserts:

Michael Caine - 40th Anniversary Italian Job Special Edition,
Michael Gambon - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince,
Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire,
Tom Hanks - Toy Story,
Dick Van Dyke - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins,
Kevin Spacey - The Men Who Stared at Goats,
Frank Abagnale - Catch Me If You Can,
Tim Allen - Toy Story 2,
Jonathan Freeman - Aladdin, Return of Jafar,
Ricky Gervais - The Office.
Judy89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Judy89 »

I love the idea of getting my favourite movies signed by the actors, but it IS a huge risk.

I took that risk in February and wrote to Cynthia Nixon VV (there've been lots of successes, so I took the risk). I sent her my Sex And The City - The Movie DVD cover. Before I sent out the DVD cover, I scanned it. I also though "Well, this DVD is sold at a cheap price - it really is, SATC the movie costs under 5€ here, so if I shouldn't get it back I can easily buy the DVD again".

But wasn't disappointed, I got my cover back signed and personalized within 2 weeks :)

I'm planning to send two covers to Dakota Fanning of whom we know she does sign TTM!
I wouldn't send to persons we haven't seen any recent successes from.
Last edited by Judy89 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Most Recent Success: Max Riemelt
Waiting for: Rachel McAdams x2, Elisha Cuthbert x2, Christina Ricci, Jackson Rathbone, Alex Max Band VV x3, Gavin DeGraw VV, Milo Ventimiglia VV, Chad Michael Murray, Simple Plan VV x2, Elyas M'Barek, Sarah Wayne Callies, John Stamos VV, Chace Crawford, Shane West, Emma Bunton, Coldplay VV x2, Lionel Richie VV x2, Mischa Barton VVx2, Taylor Swift VV, No Doubt VV x2, Mena Suvari, Ashley Benson, Ashley Greene
Most Wanted: Nicole Richie, Ashlee Simpson

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION HERE @ my Tumblr
TWITTER: @Judy89
FANPAGES: Nicole Richie News + Mary-KateAndAshley89
Judy89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Judy89 »

---sorry, double post---

Most Recent Success: Max Riemelt
Waiting for: Rachel McAdams x2, Elisha Cuthbert x2, Christina Ricci, Jackson Rathbone, Alex Max Band VV x3, Gavin DeGraw VV, Milo Ventimiglia VV, Chad Michael Murray, Simple Plan VV x2, Elyas M'Barek, Sarah Wayne Callies, John Stamos VV, Chace Crawford, Shane West, Emma Bunton, Coldplay VV x2, Lionel Richie VV x2, Mischa Barton VVx2, Taylor Swift VV, No Doubt VV x2, Mena Suvari, Ashley Benson, Ashley Greene
Most Wanted: Nicole Richie, Ashlee Simpson

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION HERE @ my Tumblr
TWITTER: @Judy89
FANPAGES: Nicole Richie News + Mary-KateAndAshley89
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

How do you guys display your signed DVD covers? Do you frame it? Put them in a binder or slip it back in the DVD box?

Only DVD cover I ever got signed was KISS-ology vol 1 by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley at a live signing back when the DVD was released.

This signed DVD cover seems like a fun project.

Mike
picture_blogger86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by picture_blogger86 »

The only DVD insert I got back signed was The Sound of Music I sent to Christopher Plummer!!
Recently Received: Paige O'Hara, Don Rickles, Phyllis Smith, Larry The Cable Guy, Sam Elliott, Katharine Ross :)
RTS: Nick Offerman :(
ihavealife2uknow
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ihavealife2uknow »

I would never send something that would bother me if I didn't get it back, so when it comes to DVD's I won't take the covers off of the cases but if there's some kind of booklet inside I may send that depending on what it contains.
How do you guys display your signed DVD covers? Do you frame it? Put them in a binder or slip it back in the DVD box?
I've only sent/recieved a DVD insert once and with that I just stuck it in my binder with the rest of my autographs just because I like to keep them all in one place if possible.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

I make a color copy and send the copy for signing. I slip in in front of the original in the cover.

Similarly, with books, I don't want to lose the book, so I send a "book plate" for signing & then stick it in the book