SARAH PALIN Signed Books!! Must-Read!!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SARAH PALIN Signed Books!! Must-Read!!

Post by Ink&Bones »

So I was going to go to Sarah Palin's Book Signing Sunday in Wichita, KS. I went to the nearest Borders on Wednesday to pick up a couple copies of her new book that she'll be signing, 'America By Heart' because I had a 0ne-day, Borders rewards coupon for 50% off one item. I printed off two coupons, because my wife and I each have a seperate Borders Rewards accounts :D
So I got to the store to buy my copies, and saw they had a little display at the front of the store. As I got closer, I saw they had copies with "Signed First Edition" stickers on them!!! WHAT??!! Really?? So I opened one up, and sure enough, these were special signed first edition copies!! So I thought to myself for a few minutes on whether I should go ahead and buy two signed copies or go to the book signing. Now, Wichita is a little over two hours away from me, plus standing in line who knows how long, plus I would have had to bring the kids with me, so I just decided then and there to buy two signed books. I still kinda want to see her in person, though...
Now, if you guys want Sarah Palin's signature, check your Borders!! I don't know if Barnes and Noble or Books A Million has these or not, but check there too!! I asked the manager of the Borders if they got signed books very often, and she said they did, from time to time...I never knew they did! I knew they had local authors' signed books, but nothing like this!! Plus, they had 40% off stickers on them!! I'm DEFINITELY going to be keeping an eye on my local Borders from now on!! :D
You're welcome in advance, everyone!! :lol:
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SARAH PALIN Signed Books!! Must-Read!!

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

In all honesty, the sigs look autopenned with the second one having the pen turned at a different angle.

Notice all the strokes of her signature. Identical in each sig to my eye. Looks like the autopen was tilted on one of them, but that could be considered a "signed" book to a publisher.
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

KennethECoker wrote:In all honesty, the sigs look autopenned with the second one having the pen turned at a different angle.

Notice all the strokes of her signature. Identical in each sig to my eye. Looks like the autopen was tilted on one of them, but that could be considered a "signed" book to a publisher.
Well that would certainly piss me off if these turned out to be fakes! I did look at them closer and there are very slight differences between both signatures....I can't really show them because all I have is my cell-phone, no scanner or anything. Would book publishers do that? Pass off auto-penned sigs as real? I might have to go meet her for real now.....
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Looks like an ap to me, I gotta agree. To be fair to the bookstore, would they have any idea what an ap is?
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
rittdk01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rittdk01 »

Sorry but those look like autopen "signatures". I looked for awhile before I read the comments and they just look too much alike with one being slightly tilted as the poster above said. I would take them back and go to the signing.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Yeah, they look fake. You can layer one on top of the other on Photoshop or a similar program, and they match perfectly.
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

Ink&Bones wrote:
KennethECoker wrote:In all honesty, the sigs look autopenned with the second one having the pen turned at a different angle.

Well that would certainly **** me off if these turned out to be fakes! I did look at them closer and there are very slight differences between both signatures....I can't really show them because all I have is my cell-phone, no scanner or anything. Would book publishers do that? Pass off auto-penned sigs as real? I might have to go meet her for real now.....
I would like to think they wouldn't, but it seems they are.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

As you know i returned my AP copy {down}
Did you return it as well?
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

Not sure how they can pass these off as "signed".

Hillary Clinton did the same thing a few years ago and it caused quite a stir.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

talk about FAIL and FACEPALM all wrapped into one. {down}
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS