Wrestling Collectors?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
wrestlevessel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Wrestling Collectors?

Post by wrestlevessel »

Got my first wrestling TTM success for 2021. Ron Bush's favorite- Trinity.

Trinity- Mailed December 26th (Received January 8th) (Also wrote a nice thank you letter)
wrestlevessel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wrestlevessel »

Got an autograph back from former WWF announcer/interviewer Craig DeGeorge. He now works for the Marlins in MLB.

Craig DeGeorge- Mailed January 9th (Received January 19th)
Oskee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Oskee »

Got Honky Tonk Man (personalized to my daughter), Ricky Morton (he sent an extra card back) and Jerry Lawler back so far this year at the addresses in the database. All 3 were quick turnarounds, under 2 weeks.

Waiting on Sting, Sid, Arn Anderson, Ron Simmons, Rick Steiner, Iron Sheik, Terry Taylor, Terry Funk and a handful of others at the moment.
chris_brown
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chris_brown »

Oskee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:48 pm Got Honky Tonk Man (personalized to my daughter), Ricky Morton (he sent an extra card back) and Jerry Lawler back so far this year at the addresses in the database. All 3 were quick turnarounds, under 2 weeks.

Waiting on Sting, Sid, Arn Anderson, Ron Simmons, Rick Steiner, Iron Sheik, Terry Taylor, Terry Funk and a handful of others at the moment.
You send to Sting c/o the aew address?
Oskee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Oskee »

chris_brown wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 am
Oskee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:48 pm Got Honky Tonk Man (personalized to my daughter), Ricky Morton (he sent an extra card back) and Jerry Lawler back so far this year at the addresses in the database. All 3 were quick turnarounds, under 2 weeks.

You send to Sting c/o the aew address?
I sent it to Waxahachie TX. I just did a simple google search for Steve Borden Waxahachie. No idea if that one will work.
wrestlevessel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wrestlevessel »

I tried Sting in February 2020 and got nothing.

Like Oskee I had successes with Honky (did him twice and success both times), Morton, and Lawler (tried him 4x and a success all 4).

The others you tried:
Sid- I tried him in August 2018 and got nothing. Heard he is a real bad signer.
Arn Anderson- I rarely see successes but have seen some. I tried him in October 2020 and nothing so far.
Ron Simmons- Excellent signer. I wrote to him 3 times in 2013 and had a success all 3 times.
Rick Steiner- I tried him 3 times and only got back once. I got back the 2nd time of the 3 tries.
Iron Sheik- I tried him 4 times and only got back once. My brother also got back from him so I got some additional cards via trade. Not a good signer but its possible.
Terry Taylor- I wrote to him twice- 2013 and 2015. Success both times. Good signer.
Terry Funk- I wrote to him 3 times- 2013, 2015, and 2017 and had a success every time. Sometimes he was slower but always signs.
Oskee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Oskee »

This is great, I appreciate your feedback. We have Orndorff, Ax, Smash, Lanny Poffo, DiBiase, Beefcake, Zbysko and Tatanka lined up to send soon.

Do you know the best address for Jimmy Hart? I believe his bar closed this past year.

Got Terry Funk back today. He wrote a long letter along with drawing a couple of fun self-portraits with comically large ears. It is our favorite response yet.
chris_brown
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chris_brown »

Oskee wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:46 pm This is great, I appreciate your feedback. We have Orndorff, Ax, Smash, Lanny Poffo, DiBiase, Beefcake, Zbysko and Tatanka lined up to send soon.

Do you know the best address for Jimmy Hart? I believe his bar closed this past year.

Got Terry Funk back today. He wrote a long letter along with drawing a couple of fun self-portraits with comically large ears. It is our favorite response yet.
You should also try Jeff hardy, he’s nearly automatic when it comes to ttm’s
wrestlevessel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wrestlevessel »

Jeff Hardy is not automatic. Steamboat, Bret Hart, Barry Darsow those guys are automatic.

I tried Jeff in like early 2015 and got nothing back. I saw a bunch of successes recently though so I guess now is a good time.

I wrote to Jeff in Feb 2020 and got back within a few weeks. So yes he is currently a good signer, but not always. He goes through his spurts.

Orndorff I probably wouldn't try. He isn't that great of a signer and his health isn't good I heard. The first 2 times I tried him I got nothing.

Finally in March 2017 I got back from him and super fast in 10 days. I tried him again in Jan 2018 and got back from him in about 3 weeks. So my last 2 tries worked, but my first 2 failed. I just heard the health isn't the greatest now and that is why vendors are raising prices on him. So I would guess he is not signing.

Ax is pretty good. I got back from him 2 out of 3 times.

Smash is automatic. I got back from him like 5 times and every time quick.

Lanny is a good signer and if you don't get back ask me as I have his email and number.

Dibiase is not a good singer. Try including a donation and you might have better success.

Beefcake is not a good signer unless you pay, but he signed for free for me. I got lucky.

Larry Zbysko is a good signer and I got back.

Tatanka is also a good signer and I got back from him too.
Oskee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Oskee »

We added Steamboat, Jeff Hardy and Bret Hart to our list, thank you. Any other big 80s/90s wrestlers that are still good signers?