Can I send a book to be signed?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Moderator: admin

tinyann
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Can I send a book to be signed?

Post by tinyann »

Was advised with a direct link to ask any questions here. I've never used fanmail.biz before so I apologise for my ignorance, I just wanted to inquire about if sending my book to be signed is a possibility? Because I know on the main page it states photographs can be sent at a certain size, but the book I have is about 7x5 inches and 100 pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)
admin
Site Admin
Interests:

Re: Can I send a book to be signed?

Post by admin »

Hi tinyann :)

Yes you can :) but just send the book jacket

Fanmail 8)
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by BossC1 »

I’ve sent books. In the USA there are book prices to mail things (media mail) so it’s cheeper than sending a similar weighted item regular mail but it’s quite a bit more expensive than photos. I can send some 4x6 photos for a couple dollars (2 stamps is roughly 1.20 plus envelope/paper and the photo cost-usually .15-.30 each) and a book is 3.49 both ways so over $7. But if I’m willing to risk the book, I’d send it because if you get it back it’s a unique item and I have gotten rare signers that way.

BossC1
autgraphsofoz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by autgraphsofoz »

Buy some bookplates online & send that. I do it all the time & have many signed books that way!
Good luck
KameronDietrich
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by KameronDietrich »

As promised, these are the books I mailed. Media mail prices in the United States are cheaper than normal mail pricing for items of same weight, but still quite a deal more expensive than sending photographs. I can send some 4x6 photos for a couple dollars (2 stamps is roughly 1.20 plus envelope/paper and the photo cost-usually .15-.30 each) and a book is 3.49 both ways so over $7. However, if I were ready to take the chance, I would send the book away, as each signed copy returned to me is a one-of-a-kind collectible. basketball stars
AuroraZucker
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by AuroraZucker »

Ive sent books before and yes they are perfectly fine to send to get signed. On the other hand, I had to sell my signed by Robert downey jr book to get some cash last year that was ufortunate :(
Cleaning has become way more efficient with my hard coco broom