Question about photos

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Question about photos

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I am new to this website and was wondering what you have to send when you request an autograph, when it says "send a photo". Is it just a regular photo printed from the computer?

Thanks
KellyMBel
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by KellyMBel »

I only send a photo if I have it from a magazine. You can print them out though.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question about photos

Post by rpbluesman »

Anonymous wrote:Hello,

I am new to this website and was wondering what you have to send when you request an autograph, when it says "send a photo". Is it just a regular photo printed from the computer?

Thanks
Hello Anonymous :D

Welcome to the forums.

When it says send a photo, that is just a recomendation. You don't have to send a photo. It will most likely increase your chances though, if you do

You can get a photo from just about anywhere. Like Kelly said, you can get them out of Magazines and a lot of other places.

Most major internet search engines (Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, etc) have the option of searching for just photos.

You can then copy and paste the photo you want into a program like Microsoft Word and print it out onto photo paper.

Photo paper is the best, but any paper will work.

Hope this helped.

--Daniel :mrgreen:
Last edited by rpbluesman on Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

I download photos from the internet and have them printed out for celebritites to sign.

You can also send something else apart from a photo to be signed. The general rule, however is that with anything you send, it should be something you can afford to lose.

Also, when sending anything, remember to include a SAE large enough to fit your photo/item and enough postage (stamps or IRC's) for the item to be returned to you.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your collecting.

nowandagain [rockon]
Michelle
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Michelle »

Whenever I send a photo I just print it off the internet. Like rpbluesman said, I usually look the celeb up on google images. Sometimes the photo looks blurry or too small though...

I've never tried this, but I remember hearing once about buying glossy paper that doesnt cost much on ebay, if you want to send a glossy photo.

Hope I helped!

-Michelle :D
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

newcollector245 wrote: Sometimes the photo looks blurry or too small though...
Hi newcollector245

Try searching for only large images. This should help with the size problem.

To fix the blurry problem... don't bother with the picture :lol:

--Daniel :mrgreen:
courtney

Re: Question about photos

Post by courtney »

Anonymous wrote:Hello,

Thanks
Welcome to the boards,

I've never sent any photos, but when I do, I'll either print them out from the computer, or rip them out of a magazine!! You can usually send any size of photo you want!!

Hope this helps!!

Courtney :mrgreen:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:31 pm.