Johnny Depp autograph! Is it an authentic?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
isia_144

Johnny Depp autograph! Is it an authentic?

Post by isia_144 »

Please help! I buy it on ebay and I don't know. Is it an authentic?
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Johnny Depp autograph! Is it an authentic?

Post by Atomic ant »

I hope you did not pay to much for it.

I'm 99% sure, it's not Authentic {down} sorry you were done.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
Smuck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smuck »

eBay is completely full of forged autographs. It's hard to get anything that's authentic from eBay.

I hope you didn't overpay for it, as it's probably forged.
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

I agree with Atomic Ant and smuck. Does not look good at all. What I don't understand and it's something I see all the time. Is why do people purchase an autograph and then ask about it's authenticity especially if your purchasing it on ebay. It just boggles my mind.Image
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Signed photo+Ebay=you-money

isia_144

Post by isia_144 »

I bought it with COA but I think it's not authentic too. On the other hand he is selling many autographs and they looks exacly the same as authentics. I don't know. Thanks for answers
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

A C.O.A with an ebay signed photo, is a con {down} it's not worth the paper it's written on. {down}

x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

I doubt its authentic, even if it did come with a COA half the ones on ebay are as fake as the autographs.

x Pirates-Fan x
GABORWORLD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GABORWORLD »

That doesn't look like his autograph. Plus, anyone with a computer and a printer can print up a COA, those don't mean anything. Stick with dealers that you trust, not ebay. I'm not saying all autographs on ebay are fake- or that all seller on eBay are bad- but most autographs on there are either fake, or PP’s being sold as “REAL”. There are some trusted sellers on eBay that run an honest business- but you really need to examine the photo scans before bidding. Ask questions from the seller. Compare with known authentic signatures. When all else fails, simply write the celebrity- you might get lucky and get a real autograph, or simply a pre-print, either way it will only cost you stamps and envelopes, not $30.00 for a fake autograph.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Smuck wrote:. . . It's hard to get anything that's authentic from eBay.
I agree that eBay is full of fakes and forgeries, but it is not fair to tar everything with the same brush ;-)

I hold a lot of my charity auctions on there, and everything I sell is properly (and honestly) listed. Also it helps that I have a registered charity account for selling, via missionfish which is pretty well vetted. In order to get one you have to supply a proper Charity number which means your charity has to be registered by the Charity Commission. Also you have to supply your charity bank details (as monies are passed on by eBay quarterly - i.e. every 3 months).

Your bank account has to be confirmed before you can begin trading on the charity eBay account.

All these things help buyers feel more confident that it is a bone-fide charity sale, and the charity is traceable and accountable if there are problems during or after the sale.

Another thing which I think helps, is that most of the time I post a copy of the letters I receive from agents / management etc with the signed items, proving they are genuine.

Cheers,
Ian :mrgreen: