I have a question/request

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
BRG226
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I have a question/request

Post by BRG226 »

I was wondering if maybe when you guys get autographs you caould say in your post who the person is (what they do) because I always see so many great successes, but I don't know who the people are.
If it's too big of a deal, it's no problem, I just thought it might be helpful (to all of us)

Brendan
Total Autographs: 175
Autographs Received (TTM): 50
Authentic:165
PP: 10
Personalized:30
RuleroftheWorld

Re: I have a question/request

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

If you don't recognise the name of a celeb, its because you're not a fan of them. So why would you be interested in who they are?

I mean, I only open threads if I know the celeb. If I dont know them, or dont recognise the name, I don't look. I've no reason to...
BRG226
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BRG226 »

I guess there are alot of actors/actresses and singers who I would know if I saw their face. It's not a big deal, I was just making a suggestion. You're probably right. If I don't know their name, I probably don't know who they are.

Brendan
citrusgirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by citrusgirl »

Andy316 wrote:If you don't recognise the name of a celeb, its because you're not a fan of them. So why would you be interested in who they are?

I mean, I only open threads if I know the celeb. If I dont know them, or dont recognise the name, I don't look. I've no reason to...
Maybe he's just is interested. I usually wonder. I think Brendan makes a great point!:)
Latest Success: Sophie Oda
Latest Request: Selena Gomez
Personalized Authentics: 12
Un-personalized Authentics: 5
Pre-Prints: 6
Total: 23
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Melindabear2002 »

Yeah sometimes I wonder but when I see their face I know exactly who they are. I usually try to make a not of who they are but I forget sometimes.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
BRG226
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BRG226 »

Thanks guys! I didn't want to make it a rule or anything, but I'm glad there are others just as curious!

Brendan
Disco Biscuit
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Disco Biscuit »

Personally I think it would be a nice idea if a short description was put in as to who the celebrity is.

I'm a great believer in unsigned bands and I have a few autographs from some. Now if I posted them on here, no-one would know who they were. But what if someone also liked new music and was interested in finding some new talent? Maybe they might like who I like and with a little description it might A: get the band some new fans and B: give some enjoyment to the person who is interested.

That's just an example, but it'd work with actors/comedians etc.

After all the internet is a network and a wealth of information can be found if people are willing to talk.
Most recent:Gareth David-Lloyd
Favourites: Mesh-29, Russell Howard, Anne Reid and Kirsten O'Brien
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

Thats a good idea, I'm going to start doing that... even though most of my sucsesses are from very well known people eg Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley etc :P

x Pirates-Fan x