Index Cards

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Autoworld80
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Index Cards

Post by Autoworld80 »

Are index cards good for autographs ? Are there some celebrities that refuse
to autograph blank paper like an index card !!!
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Index Cards

Post by Hartster »

If you don't have a lot of space, index cards are great for autographs. Or you can mat them with a photo of your choice.

I've never heard of a person refusing to sign an index card. A blank paper may be problematic. Gerald Ford used to refuse to sign them after a while, because people who turn his autograph into the signature line of a faux check, "showing" he got paid off for pardoning Nixon. People may also be wary of signing blank pieces of paper for similar reasons - people faking letters from that celebrity, using them as COAs for items that they never saw or owned....
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
ihavealife2uknow
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Index Cards

Post by ihavealife2uknow »

If I don't have a photo or something better to send then I send a index card. I always send a big enough envelope so if the celeb has a photo of their own they'd rather sign instead of my index card they can do so. I've gotten a few index cards back so I think they're good for autographs.