How To Preserve Your Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
irock
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: How To Preserve Your Autographs

Post by irock »

I have the plastic pockets to put my autographs in I am just wondering if the glue dots would be safe to stick the autograph to the pocket the link is below

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bostik-Sticky-G ... =glue+dots

They are removable and apparently no mess so what do you think?

I have tried White Tack and Blue Tack and they both leave a stain on the back of my autograph.
Please everybody Like my Autograph Page :D

https://www.facebook.com/JakesAutographs?ref=hl

Favorite Autographs... Rupert Grint My Doctors autograph (Baker, McCoy, Eccleston,Smith,Tennant +more) Demi Lovato Karen Gillan Alex Kingston
durten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by durten »

are new to collect which of these would be suitable for autographs
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/toploaders/
banjo!
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by banjo! »

dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

banjo! wrote:Do you think these would be good?
http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Multi-Page- ... ree+folder
Plastic sheet holders are 95% all the same. As long as it says "Acid free" and "Protector" buy it.
Very simple.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
banjo!
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by banjo! »

Thank you! Which type would be best for storing 4X6 photos?
Smaointe

Post by Smaointe »

Hi guys. I am a newbie at autograph collecting, but I have a few questions.

I read on there that keeping your autographs in ziplocks are a bad idea because they create moisture. I put them in ziplocks until I found the PVC free pages. Does the damage occur right away, or over time? It's been a few days with no problem.

I know the archival quality and PVC etc are generally the best, but will the plastic from these cases smudge the ink from the autograph or photo, or cause them to fade? I am also worried about dust and dirt getting on my autographs, which was why I wanted something that sealed. Does anyone have any ideas that could help keep the PVC pages clean?

Thanks guys. I hope I don't sound too silly. I appreciate the help!

Sarah
In person autographs: Peter Mayhew, Deborah Ann Woll, Rutina Wesley, Sam Trammell, Michael McMillian, Olivia Cooke, Alexander Ludwig, Charlaine Harris, Richard Hatch, David Boreanaz, Chris Warner, Marie Lu, George R.R Martin Through the Mail: Orlando Bloom, (actor), Judi Dench, Jim Davis Others I have obtained: Enya, Tim Allen, Kenny Baker, Mark Hamil, Steven Ammell.
Autographs I would like: Jodi Benson, Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton, Michael Emerson, Mary McDonnell.

writer of educational book titles for children
www.facebook.com/sarahcatscats
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Smaointe wrote: Does the damage occur right away, or over time? It's been a few days with no problem.
Overtime.

It's only been a few days. Like food, it doesn't start to go bad until some time has passed. Dont keep them in there . Go to CVS, Giant, or Walmart and get a pack. There is 12 in a pack so that should hold you over until you get more photos in the mail. You wanna be able to keep them OR even sell them in the future if you want to...and people aren't gonna buy them with things on the photos. Take them out ASAP.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
Normanbotts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Normanbotts »

I put a my autographs into photo albums that open like a book that wedding photos go in. Self asiseve ones. I have about 10 albums all full. It's the ones that go in and they have the see through thin paper stuff that goes over them and secures them so they stay in nice and secure. That's the best way for me.
NB
magicmanplc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicmanplc »

I use these in my binder: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/4 ... /#firstTab

The description says this:
Provides premium page protection for your documents.
Top-loading design — no need to open and close binder pages.
Nonstick surface won't lift ink off the page.
Letter size, acid free and archival safe.
Please Visit My Website: http://patricksautographs.weebly.com/
Moviefan2k4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Moviefan2k4 »

magicmanplc wrote:I use these in my binder: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/4 ... /#firstTab
Me too, but I have the Super Heavyweight type.