10) Where to buy US stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: 10) Where to buy US stamps?

Post by Bri0626 »

Autographcollecter16 wrote:Hi can someone please explain to me how to use those coupons thingys i just don't get it! i want to send my Mamma Mia! DVD cover for one last signature from Amanda Seyfried then it's got the main people i wanted on it

Many thanks to the nice people that actually help me :-)
You can't use those anymore, unfortunately. The US Postal Service has stopped selling them and most, if not all, of the post offices here will not accept them anymore. Your best bet is to buy some US stamps!

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
Autographcollecter16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Autographcollecter16 »

Bri0626 wrote:
Autographcollecter16 wrote:Hi can someone please explain to me how to use those coupons thingys i just don't get it! i want to send my Mamma Mia! DVD cover for one last signature from Amanda Seyfried then it's got the main people i wanted on it

You can't use those anymore, unfortunately. The US Postal Service has stopped selling them and most, if not all, of the post offices here will not accept them anymore. Your best bet is to buy some US stamps!
Thanks you just made things a whole less complicated! So how many stamps would you recommend for a dvd cover and a letter in an a4 standard letter?
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bri0626 »

Autographcollecter16 wrote:
Bri0626 wrote:

Thanks you just made things a whole less complicated! So how many stamps would you recommend for a dvd cover and a letter in an a4 standard letter?
You would need one Global Forever stamp (worth $1.10) or three first-class stamps (worth 46¢ each). :)

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
Autographcollecter16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Autographcollecter16 »

Thanks you just made things a whole less complicated! So how many stamps would you recommend for a dvd cover and a letter in an a4 standard letter?[/quote]
You would need one Global Forever stamp (worth $1.10) or three first-class stamps (worth 46¢ each). :)[/quote]

Thanks for your help!
EmbraceTheMadness
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EmbraceTheMadness »

They can also be purchased on ebay and amazon {up}
Check out my autographs on my website :D
http://xxvampirelov3rsautographsxx.webs.com
/

Check out my YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxVampireLov3rXx
mckee74
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mckee74 »

Evening all.

You'll have to please forgive the noob question here. Decided to get into autograph collecting again, it's been a good few years and seems things have changed! I see that IRC have gone now so wondered from reading this thread if folks think when sending from UK to USA it is better to include cash for stamps or the actual stamps? Guessing the latter?

With that in mind, I don't suppose please anyone has any experience on how many stamps would be needed to get a poster tube across from the US to the UK please?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist. Cheers.
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bri0626 »

mckee74 wrote:Evening all.

You'll have to please forgive the noob question here. Decided to get into autograph collecting again, it's been a good few years and seems things have changed! I see that IRC have gone now so wondered from reading this thread if folks think when sending from UK to USA it is better to include cash for stamps or the actual stamps? Guessing the latter?

With that in mind, I don't suppose please anyone has any experience on how many stamps would be needed to get a poster tube across from the US to the UK please?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist. Cheers.
Hi,
It's always better to include the stamps. It saves the celeb (or their assistant) time and money, and your chance at getting a reply is much higher. As for your second question, it depends on weight. And sending it in a tube will cost a lot more and be a bigger hassle because sending it overseas from US to UK will require a customs form, which you cannot get or fill out in advance (must be done at the post office here in the US from where they are sending it back to you). In my experience, sending parcels from US to UK is over $7 at minimum, but very often more than that. I'd really recommend sending the poster in a large envelope instead, it's a lot easier and cheaper. Hope this helps.

View my collection HERE!
gloagy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gloagy »

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying to obtain a celebrity autograph through fan mail, and would like some advise on the self-addressed envelope part which is confusing me. I live in the UK and wish to send a request to a celebrity based in the US, I don't see a problem with sending a letter from UK to the US as I can do this through the Royal Mail, but the self addressed envelope part is throwing me. Reading up on recent posts here, the advice seems to be provide stamps to the person so they can send it back to myself, does this mean I send them the UK's own stamp/s or do I need to obtain a specific US stamp/s?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would like this to be clarified.

Thanks in advance
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fromuk2014 »

gloagy wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying to obtain a celebrity autograph through fan mail, and would like some advise on the self-addressed envelope part which is confusing me. I live in the UK and wish to send a request to a celebrity based in the US, I don't see a problem with sending a letter from UK to the US as I can do this through the Royal Mail, but the self addressed envelope part is throwing me. Reading up on recent posts here, the advice seems to be provide stamps to the person so they can send it back to myself, does this mean I send them the UK's own stamp/s or do I need to obtain a specific US stamp/s?

Thanks in advance
You will need to buy US stamps, somebody in the US cannot use UK stamps to send something to the UK.

In this instance you could look up global forever stamps on ebay, or similar.
gloagy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gloagy »

fromuk2014 wrote:
gloagy wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
You will need to buy US stamps, somebody in the US cannot use UK stamps to send something to the UK.

In this instance you could look up global forever stamps on ebay, or similar.
Thanks a lot! Made clearer now :)