10) Where to buy US stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Pablo69
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: 10) Where to buy US stamps?

Post by Pablo69 »

Hi everyone im new here....great forum!!!

So i was gonna attempt to send a 10x8 pic to the usa with a return envelope and stamps.
Ive been reading about these forever stamps on here, and found them on ebay.

So i went to the usps site and did a quick price check a first class international large letter is showing at $5.30
I believe a forever stamp is $1.20 in value???? So i'd need 5 forever stamps on the envelope to cover return cost???....... Does this sound about right guys?
or have i totally misscalculated?? lol

Many thanks for any help with this.

Pablo

p.s cant find anywhere on ebay that will ship global forever stamps to the uk....so if anyone has a good contact????>....... ;)
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

USPS has just had big rises but i'd run the calculation again, triple checking the size and weight that you are inputting- I only get $5.30 for a 4oz (113g)First Class Mail International Large Envelope. I don't think even a cardboard mailer + 10x8 photo would be that heavy.

If that is indeed the correct price, yes you would need 5 stamps.

USPS have an official eBay store and will ship their stamps worldwide but they don't seem to have the $1.20 Global Forever Stamps right now.

Not sure why you didn't find any sellers shipping to the UK because just one search turned up several just for the sheets of 10/20:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... t&_sacat=0

USPS sold them at face value but ironically, their shipping was expensive IMO!
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Pablo69
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Pablo69 »

So im on the right track..... many thanks for your input kimmylee....

The hunt for the global forever stamps continues!!!!!

(I have a friend in the us actually, who just called 2 post offices for me. One didn't have a clue what she wanted, and the other didn't have any!!!)
Josep
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Josep »

Hey guys!

I live in Spain! This is my first time and do not know where to buy stamps USA :(
USPS web you can not buy stamps if you live abroad... on Amazon and eBay are types of stamps are not valid for international mail... there are sellers who do not send stamps outside the United States ..
Can you help me? Do you know any seller? I do not know where to buy the stamps in my country!!!

Thank you!!!!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

I replied on your thread :)
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bri0626 »

Pablo69 wrote:I believe a forever stamp is $1.20 in value????
A forever stamp is worth 49¢ and a global forever stamp is worth $1.20 currently.

I send the same size photo you're asking about, and the cost from the USA to the UK is $3.36. I'm not sure where you live but the cost should be close. So if you put 3 global forever stamps on it, you will have more than enough postage. You could also do 2 global forever stamps and 2 forever stamps.

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

Ebay :)

USPS themselves used to sell the Global Forever stamp via their eBay store, but don't any longer for some reason.

There are plenty of private sellers though that do still sell them.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

As per my reply USPS aren't selling Global Forever Stamps currently via eBay, and haven't been for many weeks.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USPS-New-Moon-G ... 33b708970f

USPS are selling them again {up}

Sold for current face value ($1.15) but shipping is steep.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Rourke24
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Rourke24 »

thank you so much for that link KimmyLee, and your amazing information you've provided to others.

Great community spirit.

As you do seem to know quite a bit, would you say 2 Global Forever Stamps would cover a 10x8 cardboard back envelope with a couple of photos inside?