sending from UK to USA

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
george11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

sending from UK to USA

Post by george11 »

Hi I have a few US based celebs I want to write to for an autograph but wondering how the stamp situation works? Do I have to put stamps? If I dont stamp the return envelope will they not send anything? Do I have to get american stamps? Ive seen people say about something called an IRC but i cant work out what that is sorry im new really appreciate any advice.
Thanks
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: sending from UK to USA

Post by BossC1 »

It is generally recommended that you get stamps for your envelope but sometimes the person will provide them. You can check online or on this site in the selling part.

The main thing it to make it as easy as possible for the person to respond.

I’m not sure is IRCs are still available, I usually buy stamps for my requests.

BossC1
MattWolf76
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: sending from UK to USA

Post by MattWolf76 »

I really struggle to understand this too.
I’ve seen people mention US Postal Service Global Forever Stamps, however, I have a few issues.
1. I’m struggling to source directly in the UK
2. (Appreciate this may sound silly) I’ m genuinely concerned whether that actually work, or whether it will go round and round the postal service, as it’s not recognised or I haven’t applied enough stamps.

If anyone can help ease my concerns, by confirming success using the stamps, along with advice where to buy and how many to use (typical reinforced carded A4 envelope with photo). It would be really really appreciated

Thanking in advance