Question about SASE

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
thewraithofdawn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about SASE

Post by thewraithofdawn »

Does anyone k ow if for some companies I have to include a SASE to get a reply? Some companies, like the Curtis Brown Group, ask you to include one, but does that mean they won't forward it if you don't, or just that you've got a less likely success?
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question about SASE

Post by BossC1 »

It all depends on the company and the person you are writing. Some won't reply without one and some do.

Providing an envelope is all about making it convenient and easy for the person to respond.

BossC1
snowymail

Post by snowymail »

i have very rarely got replies when i didnt put postage in it (either stamps or an IRC), but i know some ppl who get a LOT of replies and dont put postage for return back. I would say put it on because it increases the changes of getting a reply!
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC1 »

thais9802 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:36 pm i have very rarely got replies when i didnt put postage in it (either stamps or an IRC), but i know some ppl who get a LOT of replies and dont put postage for return back. I would say put it on because it increases the changes of getting a reply!
I definitely agree: supply the postage if at all possible. But for me international (Not USA) postage is hard so those I take a chance on but in the US, I provide a SASE

BossC1
thewraithofdawn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thewraithofdawn »

Thanks!
A quick note: If I get a letter in response as well, I don't post that I did! I don't know if the senders would appreciate it, so I don't post letter successes. Preprinted letters or Secretarial letters don't count though. I do post those.