How do you store your autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Tiffanyinnc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How do you store your autographs?

Post by Tiffanyinnc »

I have a question. So if the photos are matted how will that help the photo not touch the glass? The glass still is over the photos right? That part I didnt understand.

Thank you
TOGrapher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TOGrapher »

I use heavyweight sheet protectors available from any Staples store. These are acid free, latex free and are of archival quality and come in packages of 100 in which you can store two photos back to back. I also use Staples 3" binders to house my photos in; any bigger and they just become too heavy.
Peace & Unity!
Ravenclawking97
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ravenclawking97 »

I really want a simple photo album which can hold up to A4's and can also hold 6 X 4's. I live in the UK and have so far been unfortunate in my findings. if anybody knows where I can buy a photo album like that preferabely under £15 then I would be very happy :)
Number of Authentic HP autograph's : 59 from 27 people

Personalised : 41 from 21 people

IP:Bertie Gilbert , Ellie Darcey Alden , Evanna Lynch and Scarlett Bryne

TTM : Lenny Henry , Martin Ballyntyme, Freddie Stroma, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Hardy X 3 ,Rik Mayall , Jessica Hynes, Shirley Henderson, Julian Glover X 3, Dave Legeno X 3, Helena Barlow X 2, Gemma Jones X 3, Richard Griffiths X 2, Toby Jones X 3, Imelda Staunton X 3, Bertie Gilbert X 2, Alan Rickman, Margery Mason X 2, David Ryall X 2 , Mateylok Gibbs X 2 Isabella Laughland X 2, Natalia Tena X 4, Jeff Rawle X 2 and Hazel Douglas X 2.

The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by downtoearth »

I just got a poster signed that I didn't necessarily make to get signed. I just made it to announce how far I'd travelled to an event, and I used up two markers and the poster looks like it was made by a 12-year-old. Now it has two autographs on it and it was measured as 28x22 inches, and I really shouldn't hang it up because it's so huge. It's currently rolled up and in its second poster tube because I had to mail it home and some English-speaking North American country's postal system lost one of the end caps to the poster tube.

Any suggestions?
Zaj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zaj »

I have about four full archival binders filled with my autographs that I want to all keep together in something and I came across this.. would it be safe to use?

http://www.gaylord.com/adblock.asp?abid=607
verkoka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by verkoka »

Zaj wrote:I have about four full archival binders filled with my autographs that I want to all keep together in something and I came across this.. would it be safe to use?

http://www.gaylord.com/adblock.asp?abid=607
yeah i believe they're good :D
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by downtoearth »

So I figured out what I'm going to do with my poster - I got a 24x36 poster frame and some silver paper, and I'm going to mount it on the silver paper and put that in the frame. Though it is still hanging out on the floor in my living room.
Sheep
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sheep »

I have them in a folder, in plastic wallets.
Might frame Robbie Coltranes Authentic.
"3 Heros. 7 Books. 8 Movies. 10 Years. We are the Harry Potter generation.<3"
?????????????????????????????????????????????
My Favourites: Robbie Coltrane, James Buckley, Mark Gatiss
Last 5 Recived:Linda Henry, Mark Gatiss, Stephen Merchant, Jake Wood, Hugh Laurie
Last five Sent: Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Karl Pilkington(again), Brendan Gleeson, Rupert Grint
Most Wanted: Harry Potter Cast, Sherlock Cast, House Cast.
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by downtoearth »

Almost a month later, my poster is still leaning against the wall in my living room. I'm planning to hang it in my bedroom, to the left of my bed. I don't want to stare at it at night, and I don't want it to fall on me, and I don't want it near a window.
jessicalost
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jessicalost »

that normal plastic sleeves can ruin the autographs???