UK stamps

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jewels1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

UK stamps

Post by jewels1 »

Hello, I was wondering if I could use second class stamps (the blue ones) for my SASE?
I learned that you can't use first class, from the UK to another country! I live in Brazil, the agency I'm sending does not accept IRC.
if i can use second class from uk to brazil how many do i use in my SASE?
I give private addresses/ home address and private emails with something in return {up}
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: UK stamps

Post by northwellguy »

I use Royal Mail First Class stamps all the time on my SASE's to U.K. - they come back fine to Canada.
Who told you you cannot use 1st class stamps?
That's just stupid.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
jewels1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jewels1 »

northwellguy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:05 pm I use Royal Mail First Class stamps all the time on my SASE's to U.K. - they come back fine to Canada.
That's just stupid.
how many stamps do you use for first class and second class
I give private addresses/ home address and private emails with something in return {up}
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

jewels1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:39 pm
northwellguy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:05 pm I use Royal Mail First Class stamps all the time on my SASE's to U.K. - they come back fine to Canada.
That's just stupid.
I use three (3) 1st class stamps on SASEs - that seems to be what you need to get back a 9x12 envelope under 100g from UK to Canada. I don't use 2nd class - why would you? They are the same cost and 1st class has more priority over 2nd.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
jewels1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jewels1 »

northwellguy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 pm
That's just stupid.
I use three (3) 1st class stamps on SASEs - that seems to be what you need to get back a 9x12 envelope under 100g from UK to Canada. I don't use 2nd class - why would you? They are the same cost and 1st class has more priority over 2nd.
i saw on google that for 100g it is enough to use only 2 stamps both for 2 class the first class , I feel like you're a little uninformed
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

jewels1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:35 pm
northwellguy wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 pm

i saw on google that for 100g it is enough to use only 2 stamps both for 2 class the first class , I feel like you're a little uninformed
I am quite informed and I use 3 because I want to make sure, just in case, the returnee includes a piece of cardboard or letter or something else. I am not like most who put the minimum on their SASEs and then wonder why it didn't get returned. I try not to be an idiot. I always put a little extra postage on all SASEs. Just seems smart.
jewels1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jewels1 »

got it. but please don't be rude.
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

jewels1 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:20 am got it. but please don't be rude.
Relax
snowymail

Post by snowymail »

northwellguy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 pm
Relax
hey where do you buy them from? ebay? im thinking about buying uk stamps but im from brazil so i dont wanna get anything wrong... found a few on ebay but i dont wanna spend money and get something wrong lol
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

thais9802 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:57 pm
northwellguy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 pm
Relax
hey where do you buy them from? ebay? im thinking about buying uk stamps but im from brazil so i dont wanna get anything wrong... found a few on ebay but i dont wanna spend money and get something wrong lol
Royal Mail ships worldwide
https://shop.royalmail.com/postage-and- ... ass-stamps