Storing question, please help!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
peterslawford
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Storing question, please help!

Post by peterslawford »

Hi! I have a collection of about 22 classic film autographs, all brand new and TTM, so the paper is new as well. My family spotted an autograph at a fleamarket that they thought would fit well in my collection, so they bought it for me and I added it to the book. It's been a couple of weeks and I didn't even consider any adverse effects, but two nights ago I opened up my autograph book and the entire thing, including my new autographs, has the worst musty smell! I immediately removed the old autograph and have been airing out the book since, but it still smells awful. I looked up how to get the musty smell out of a book and I keep reading about putting it in cat litter or baking soda and sprinkling it throughout the pages, or leaving it out in the sun. This is a valuable collection that obviously means a lot to me, so I definitely don't want to do any of those things. Has anyone experienced something like this or have any suggestions? Thank you!
TTM: Ann Blyth, Eva Marie Saint, Debbie Reynolds, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Shirley MacLaine, Mary Carlisle, Barbara Eden, Don Murray, Gena Rowlands, Doris Day, Jane Powell, Nehemiah Persoff, Kathryn Grant-Crosby, Betty White, Dewey Martin, Dick Van Dyke, Marsha Hunt, Arlene Dahl
In Person: William Shatner, Robert Wagner, Diahann Carroll, Russ Tamblyn, Britt Ekland, George Chakiris
Purchased: Esther Williams, Russ Tamblyn, Julie Adams, Julie Newmar, Tyrone Power, Joan Fontaine
Waiting For: Sidney Poitier, Mia Farrow, Priscilla Presley, John Astin, Joanne Woodward, Earl Holliman, Shelley Fabares, Yvette Mimieux