How Does VV Work?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
LucasCruikshankLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How Does VV Work?

Post by LucasCruikshankLover »

I was just wondering how people get successes via VV? I'm a little confused on this, and I'm planning to send the Jonas Brothers a VV, but I need a little more information on what a VV is, and how to send it, and stuff like that. :) Please help!!
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How Does VV Work?

Post by BossC »

VV stands for Via venue. It is what it is called when you send to a temporary address: such as a convert venue or movie set.

I don't do a lot of VV but here are some tips:
~See if the venue you want to send to is on the list of venues that do/don't forward fan mail
~Send something TO sign--they don't always have photos with them
~Include an envelope WITH the postage needed to send back to you
~If it is to a concert, be sure to send it with enough time for the venue to get it

Hope this helped! {thumb2}

BossC
LucasCruikshankLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ok, but let's say that they are performing in ur state, like I live in a suburb of Portland OR, and the Jonas Bros are playing there, so what do I do then?
noodlez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by noodlez »

Do what BossC has posted {thumb2} There's no difference to the states. It doesn't matter if you ilve in the same state the concert takes place. Could even be the same city/town or STREET! Just make sure you send it off in time and that the venue/arena passes on fanmail.

How does via venue work?

Bands that sign via venue

Venues that do/don't pass on fanmail

Good luck {thumb2}
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phoebe »

Hi LucasCruikshankLover,

As BossC and noodlez have said, you need to check on the links to see if the venue in question passes on fan mail (if they aren't on the list, email or phone and ask if possible.) You will also need to provide return postage on an SASE to make it convenient and therefore increase your chances of a reply. Try to send something to be signed, be it a CD sleeve, index cards or photo, as, being on tour and only temporarily at this addresss, chances are they won't have any with them.

Good luck to you with your request, VV can be a great way to catch usually 'hard to get' signers! {thumb2}

Phoebe :D
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EastendersFan »

I was just wondering how people get successes via VV? I'm a little confused on this, and I'm planning to send the Jonas Brothers a VV, but I need a little more information on what a VV is, and how to send it, and stuff like that. Please help!!

All you need to do is send your letter to the Jonas Brothers to where they are performing at. You need to find the address of the venue and address it to them. Put please hold for *date of concert* at the bottom right corner. VV is just via venue. Make sure you send it so it gets to the venue about 3 days before they perform. Hope this helped a little
LucasCruikshankLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

So how exactly would you write the address? Like Jonas Bros
c/o (place performing)

or how exactly would you write it?
Thanks so much!
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

LucasCruikshankLover wrote:So how exactly would you write the address? Like Jonas Bros
c/o (place performing)

or how exactly would you write it?
Thanks so much!

How you would write the address on any other request. {up} Just make sure you write on the envelope 'Hold til ___' (Date of performance)