Question about stamps

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Kratos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about stamps

Post by Kratos »

Hello everyone. I’m from Ireland. This is a nicely laid out website. I’m new here and to sending autograph requests. I sent a letter and stamped self-addressed envelope to Sarah Michelle Gellar on 7 November 2021.

I’m wondering if that was enough to maybe get a response because a) I didn’t send a photo to be autographed, b) I didn’t include cardboard or write ‘Do Not Bend’ on the envelopes and c) I looked into USA stamps to put on the return envelope and one of the counter clerks at my local post office said Irish international stamps would do just fine so I went with them. Thanks. :roll:
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question about stamps

Post by BossC1 »

I have not seen a reply from Sarah Michelle Gellar in years if ever. Its recommended to provide a photo and envelope to make it more convenient for the star to respond but it’s still up to the person you are writing and I don’t think she responds. However there is always a first time for everything. I’ve got rare replies from several people so there is always hope.

BossC1
JulesFan4Ever
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JulesFan4Ever »

BossC1 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:55 pm I have not seen a reply from Sarah Michelle Gellar in years if ever. Its recommended to provide a photo and envelope to make it more convenient for the star to respond but it’s still up to the person you are writing and I don’t think she responds. However there is always a first time for everything. I’ve got rare replies from several people so there is always hope.

BossC1

Who have you gotten response’s from?
Kratos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kratos »

Thank ye for the replies. I’ll take heed of your advice.
BossC1 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:55 pm I have not seen a reply from Sarah Michelle Gellar in years if ever. Its recommended to provide a photo and envelope to make it more convenient for the star to respond but it’s still up to the person you are writing and I don’t think she responds. However there is always a first time for everything. I’ve got rare replies from several people so there is always hope.

BossC1
Good to know. Well, I’m glad I was able to send her a letter anyway. She was a source of strength for me during lockdown in the summer of 2020.
BossC1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC1 »

There have been several rare ones through the years: Jim caviezel, Simon Baker, Nathan Fillion, Marcia Gay Harden, Matt Czuchry plus many others.

There’s always a chance so good luck!

BossC1
Kratos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kratos »

BossC1 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:06 am There have been several rare ones through the years: Jim caviezel, Simon Baker, Nathan Fillion, Marcia Gay Harden, Matt Czuchry plus many others.

There’s always a chance so good luck!

BossC1
Thank you.