"Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!

Moderator: admin

nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: "Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by nightowl »

If my autograph isn't authentic I want to know it. Yes I will be very disappointed but I would rather know the truth.

As pointed out, when people go around posting a success those less experienced will take that to mean that it's an authentic. When I first started that very thing happened to me. My first mailing had a number of those in it because I came across the threads discussing PP, AP and Secretarial after the fact.

I wish someone had said in the thread that is was a PP, AP or Secretarial so I would have been informed before the fact. I now know to ask someone who has been doing this for a number of years to tell me about certain celebs I am interested in, as to whether they reply, or send PPs, etc. etc.

By not having this info readily available there are a good number of people wandering around in la la land thinking they have authentics. Now I understand there are some people that don't care, and are even happy with PP, AP and secretarial, and think those of us that only want authentics and welcome information from those that can offer an experienced opinion, to be ruining their good fun. They consider us to be bursting the balloons of everyone else here.

They don't seem to take into account that their posts can misinform those less experienced and lead to a greater disappointment down the line, when they discover that autograph they waited so long for is not authentic.

There is a lot of value to stating if something is not authentic, and yes it has been said that only IP can be truly known as authentic, but PP and AP are extremely obvious! Secretarials are harder to determine if they are well done, but some are not well done and are also obvious.

I try to be very realistic about my autographs and ask people to please show me if they can find info to prove it to be a PP, or secretarial etc. if I can't find one myself. For those of us that are serious collectors and only want authentic this stating what is believed to be authentic does us a GREAT service! I, for one, want to know! If those that are only in it "for the fun" can't realize that I am very sorry to have offended them but they also have to realize the position of those of us that are very serious about it. We need to know this info, and want to know it. How else to inform the forum than in the posts of those very celebs.

It becomes a double edged sword between the serious collectors and those in it just for the fun. I am in it for the fun too, but I am also trying to be realistic at the same time. And believe it or not you can do both. I have a lot of fun with this hobby.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by sunkissed08 »

i agree, if i didn't ask about authenticity i would still like to know if it was a fake or real. people who get mad are just bitter they don't have a real autograph... :roll:
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
girlbehindthereddoor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by girlbehindthereddoor »

I'm reading through this thread and I jsut want to say, something I forget to ask whether or not my auto is authentic. I think if I got a non-authentic in the mail and I thought it was real I would want someone to tell me
ImageImageImageImageImageImage]Image
Autograph King
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Autograph King »

i agree too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
........................................................................................................................................................................................
............................even though i dont quite know what were talking about :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i'll just go home now........................................... no one listens to me

BUT I DO HAVE OPINIONS AND I KNOW THEY'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[flash=]The Autograph King[/flash]
dobie516
Interests:

Post by dobie516 »

If I submit a photo of an autograph I would want someone to tell me if it is authentic or not. A secretarial signed or autopen is mostly worthless.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
FrankThulp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

"Its not authentic" vs "Its authentic"

Post by FrankThulp »

I know its last minute, but I will try to photograph something now. I wasnt going to enter round 2 because all my attempts were not competitive. But I should at least submit something.