Post your comments and suggestions to fanmail.biz

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!

Moderator: admin

missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Post your comments and suggestions to fanmail.biz

Post by missmaexox »

jasonw wrote:Admin - I reckon we should set an age/ mental age limit for the forum ;)
Yes, I agree. There's so many young users, or users who I'm guessing aren't young, but they act young.
My website; http://www.freewebs.com/kelseysautographs

Most Wanted; Katy Perry and Lady Gaga
Most Recent Success; Carlson Young
Favorite Successes; Nicole Anderson and Carlson Young
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Larisie »

jasonw wrote:Admin - I reckon we should set an age/ mental age limit for the forum ;)
There was supposed to be an age limit. A few years ago I believe it was 13. :roll:
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

jasonw3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by jasonw3 »

I suggest a GM with banning power to ban Admin ;-)
nainaitok
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by nainaitok »

Hey
I have this idea

why don't we put a score on each member. This way, we know their reputation instanly. For instance, if A is a good buyer, the seller can add +1 to his/her score. This way, it's easier to track someone's reputation then remembering their nick name all the time .
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by osiris »

nainaitok wrote:Hey
I have this idea

why don't we put a score on each member. This way, we know their reputation instanly. For instance, if A is a good buyer, the seller can add +1 to his/her score. This way, it's easier to track someone's reputation then remembering their nick name all the time .
Sadly, while I nice idea, this never works in practice. In a forum as large as this, petty squabbles inevitably break out and systems such as this can lead to missuse (e.g. people taking points away just because they dont like a person). Similarily, adding points can be missused too, as people often give points to popular members just because they are popular.
MrsMichaelJackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by MrsMichaelJackson »

Larisie wrote:
There was supposed to be an age limit. A few years ago I believe it was 13. :roll:
It still is 13. Its there in phpBB's rules. Any member under 13 must supply written permission to be here or the site is in breach of phpBB's rules and at risk of being shut down/restriceted/suspended.

Instead of backing up this rule, admin openly flouts it by having 9yr old TMs.

:roll:
nainaitok
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by nainaitok »

osiris wrote:
nainaitok wrote:Hey
I have this idea

Sadly, while I nice idea, this never works in practice. In a forum as large as this, petty squabbles inevitably break out and systems such as this can lead to missuse (e.g. people taking points away just because they dont like a person). Similarily, adding points can be missused too, as people often give points to popular members just because they are popular.

ah..right..I didn't think this far..:)
Hey..nobody think that the website need new layout...?
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by 1name1legend »

How about TM and GM hold themselves to a standard and not Gush over every Twilight Success?

I have seen GREAT success be ignored but never Twilight.

And I also thought their was an age requirement for them. I am see alot and I mean alot of 13 yr old TM's why don't know there stuff.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by osiris »

1name1legend wrote:How about TM and GM hold themselves to a standard and not Gush over every Twilight Success?

I have seen GREAT success be ignored but never Twilight.
A TM and GM is still a person with personal preferences who may happen to be a fan of Twilight. I personally, don't care about Twilight successes, or sports successes, but would be very enthusiastic over theatre or various Science Fiction actors. We're collectors too remember, and while we aim to be polite and encouraging, enevitably there will be successes we value (and therefore comment more on) over others. Just as you do.
autohk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

antivirus warnings for fanmail.biz

Post by autohk »

Is anyone else who uses McAfee antivirus having a problem accessing fanmail.biz? Everytime I access this site, i'm getting yellow warnings from my virus software saying that this site is full of adaware/spyware and other potentially unwanted programs. And I can't view some of the successes and can only log on quickly to copy and paste an address and then leave.

Just wondered if anyone else was having this problem, as it can't be my pc as I access this site on other peoples computers and I still get the same thing!

Thanks in advance.
autohk