Board suggestion

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!

Moderator: admin

Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Board suggestion

Post by Shambler »

There's already a sub-forum for In Person successes : book signings = IP success. Thus I don't see the point for creating another version of something that's already there?!
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by x hayley x »

Shambler wrote:There's already a sub-forum for In Person successes : book signings = IP success. Thus I don't see the point for creating another version of something that's already there?!
Yes but that is for posting successes, not for the discussion of signings.
Lol I really wish people would read things thoroughly before they comment!!
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Shambler »

Well if you were there and you got your book signed it was clearly a success wasn't it? Furthermore you can then discuss the relevant details of the event with those interested in the thread, instead of creating another seperate one.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by x hayley x »

Shambler wrote:Well if you were there and you got your book signed it was clearly a success wasn't it? Furthermore you can then discuss the relevant details of the event with those interested in the thread, instead of creating another seperate one.
Yes but again, that is after it has been signed. You can't post it as a success until you actually have it signed.
I want to discuss details of it now, before I have my book signed, but there is no where to do that.
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

x hayley x wrote:Yes but again, that is after it has been signed. You can't post it as a success until you actually have it signed.
I want to discuss details of it now, before I have my book signed, but there is no where to do that.
There is a huge thread entitled "Who might you meet soon?", I would suggest that would be the perfect place to post about what you've just mentioned.

As I said earlier, there are several threads already set up that cover everytihng you've mentioned in this thread.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by x hayley x »

Mr Kennedy wrote:
x hayley x wrote:Yes but again, that is after it has been signed. You can't post it as a success until you actually have it signed.
There is a huge thread entitled "Who might you meet soon?", I would suggest that would be the perfect place to post about what you've just mentioned.

As I said earlier, there are several threads already set up that cover everytihng you've mentioned in this thread.
Do people not listen on here? :lol:
Again, that is a thread, NOT a board. Fair enough if you just write the name of the celebrity you're going to meet but if you wish to discuss it further it would be very difficult as there would be loads of different conversations going on in the same post, which would get very confusing.
All I'm saying is, if we can have a whole board just to play games, a board to discuss future book signings and the discussion of book signings in general surely isn't too much to ask!! :lol:
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by osiris »

x hayley x wrote: Do people not listen on here? :lol:
Again, that is a thread, NOT a board.
Andy listened to what you said. It is his opinion, and mine as a matter of fact, that the topics he listed already cover book signings. There's not really enough to warrant a whole new sub-forum for them. There's very few book signings ever mentioned on the IP board as it is.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

x hayley x wrote:
Do people not listen on here? :lol:
Again, that is a thread, NOT a board. Fair enough if you just write the name of the celebrity you're going to meet but if you wish to discuss it further it would be very difficult as there would be loads of different conversations going on in the same post, which would get very confusing.
All I'm saying is, if we can have a whole board just to play games, a board to discuss future book signings and the discussion of book signings in general surely isn't too much to ask!! :lol:
Ok let me put this in simpler terms for you.

The fact that there are 3/4 THREADS that cover EVERYTHING you mentioned, means that there is NO NEED for an ENTIRE NEW FORUM.

There is NO POINT in making a new FORUM when the current THREADS are enough to cater for the needs.

So ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE read what you said, once again I REPLIED to what you said, and once again you have failed to UNDERSTAND what I have said.

Hopefully the capitalised words will add extra emphasis and you will understand what I'm saying.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by x hayley x »

Well I for one would be a regular poster if there was a board made.
You expect me to post about every single book signing in one little thread? That's just plain stupid. How could you get a discussion going if someone would then jump in talking about a totally different book signing?
I don't know why you're making such a big deal about it, it's not even up to you what happens with this site.
I just made a simple suggestion and was open to other people's opinions, but instead I get you rolling your eyes at me as if I had wasted time. Fair enough if you just said I don't think we need a board for that, but you didn't. Straight away you attempted to belittle me by capitalising words. Maybe you need that kind of special treatment but I certainly don't.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

x hayley x wrote:Well I for one would be a regular poster if there was a board made.
Ok.
You expect me to post about every single book signing in one little thread? That's just plain stupid.
Its worked very well so far.
How could you get a discussion going if someone would then jump in talking about a totally different book signing?
You quote the person you're replying to, then theres no confusion.
I don't know why you're making such a big deal about it,
I'm not making a big deal, I'm expression my opinion that there is no need. I have had to repeat my opinion as you repeatedly claim I can't read.
it's not even up to you what happens with this site.
I never said it was, and nor is it upto you.

You posted an idea (your opinion), I posted my thoughts on your idea (my opinion). Thats how a forum works.
I just made a simple suggestion and was open to other people's opinions, but instead I get you rolling your eyes at me as if I had wasted time.
Like Ive already said, the smilie was to emphasise my point that your request was OTT.
Fair enough if you just said I don't think we need a board for that, but you didn't.
I said this right from the start, and you repeatedly claimed I couldnt read, so I had to repeat myself over and over. How can you claim I didnt say "we dont need a board for that"?
Straight away you attempted to belittle me by capitalising words. Maybe you need that kind of special treatment but I certainly don't.
I didnt belittle you at all. Like already stated, I used capitals to emphasise the important words as you (again) kept claiming I couldnt read.