What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Rate & Discuss

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
isia_144

Re: What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Rate & Discuss

Post by isia_144 »

Australia
10/10 - I love it! It's a very sad movie, but really great.
TOOLiTTLETOOLATE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TOOLiTTLETOOLATE »

Bride Wars.
8/10.

:D
isia_144

Post by isia_144 »

The Dutchess
10/10 :)
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi! ;-)

I finally saw "Twilight" today, here's my review:

Twilight
8½ / 10

PLEASE NOTE: I have not read any of the books and I basically know absolutely nothing about "Twilight" - I simply went to watch it because everyone else is obsessed about it and I'm a huge Robert Pattinson fan since "Harry Potter".

So, I finally saw "Twilight" today with my cousin, who have seen it 7 times now. :shock: On the way to the cinema, she told me everything I needed to know before seeing the film - little things I, who have never even read the first word of any of the books, would need to know. Who are the "Cullens", who are the vampires and wolves, what do they do and that whole thing about the colour of their eyes. I was especially excited about this film as I'm a fan of Robert since he played Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" (who didn't love Cedric?!), in short, he was the main reason I decided to even see this film.

Now, I don't think I even need to explain the plot as I'm sure everyone here has read the books a million times now! :lol: So I am rather going to point out what I, as someone who know absolutely nothing about "Twilight", enjoyed about this film. First off, I think everyone in this film portayed their characters really well. Needless to say, Robert Pattinson totally stole the show as Edward Cullen, the hero of the film. {love} He was absolutely perfect in it and managed to look amazing and incredibly scary at the same time. His black eyes at the beginning of the film was really scary! I can understand the sudden craze around him, when a few years ago only those who saw "Harry Potter" knew about him and liked him. He's a fanastic young actor with a bright future, I'm very excited about "Little Ashes". Kristen Stewart was perfect in my opinion as Bella Swan. She did a great job in this film, playing this girl who doesn't really fit in and is different than the other kids in her school. I loved the scene when Bella's new friends explain the Cullens to her - something funny about each of them, especially about Jasper looking like he's in pain the whole time! :lol: And when Edward is shown for the first time, looking at Bella, was great too. That scene was one of my favourites. I wished the other Cullens (Alice, Emmett, Jasper and Rosalie) had a but more screening time as I found them very interesting characters. I thought Nikki Reed (whom I almost didn't recognise!) was brilliant as Rosalie, and her disapproval of Bella created real tension at times. Jackson Rathbone was just weird as Jasper, but then again Jasper is probably supposed to be a bit strange as he's their "newest vegetarian"! :D I enjoyed his character anyways! I loved Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen - he had some great scenes, especially at the end and in the baseball scene. Ah, about the baseball scene - everyone's favourite one - it was amazing! {??} Definintly my favourite scene too, I was looking forward to it as I saw everyone like it here. I just didn't quite get way they had to play when there's a storm coming, I recon it had something to do with the thunder? :? Another scene I loved was the end ballet scene, it was amazing too. I personally don't like Jacob Black (played by Taylor Lautner) - he is sweet and all and seems to like Bella a lot, but I'm all "Team Edward" - sorry, Jacob! {thumb2} James (Cam Gigandet) was just disgusting, a real villian - Cam pulled it off very well! {up} I disagree with the others who think the special effects were cheap and bad, I thought it was good. Lastly, I thought the music was fanastic and so fitting! :mrgreen: I loved the opening song at the beginning, and Muse during the baseball scene! :D

I loved "Twilight" - it was a very entertaining film and I understood it perfectly well enough for someone who haven't read the books. {thumb2} I'm defnintly going to buy it on DVD too when it comes out! :) Now I can't wait for "New Moon" (though my cousin says that Edward isn't much in it :cry: ).

Thanks,
zanne
Doublebassist
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Doublebassist »

I saw Gran Torino for the second time yesterday, and I do believe that it is one of the greatest films I have ever seen. It should definitely be a nominee for Best Picture and Best Actor. On a scale of 1-10, it gets an 11. Don't miss it. See it while it's still in theaters.

GRAN TORINO
11/10
alyssalikewhoaa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alyssalikewhoaa »

Paul Blart Mall Cop
10/10.
it was freakin hilarious! i love kevin james!
Latest Requests;
Favorite Successes; Taylor Swift, Ringo Starr, Daniel Radcliffe
Most Wanted; Darren Criss
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

I saw Mall Cop. It was so funny!
I give it a 9/10.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

othfan26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by othfan26 »

I saw the unborn on Friday. Very scary, everyone in the theater was screaming and my friend almost broke my hand she was so scared. {thumb2}

9/10 {clap}
set made by seb88
Successes: Legally Blonde The Musical, Wicked, The Little Mermaid,Chelsea Staub,Savannah Outen, Daniel Radcliffe VV, Phill Lewis, Bailey Hanks VV, Hairspray, Debby Ryanx2, Michaela McMansus, All My Sons, Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, Jake Thomas, Crystal Hunt, Jemma Brown, Drew Seeley, Lauren Zakrin, Rhiannon Hansen,Carlson Young, Paige Davis, Hugh Laurie SFM, Savvy and Mandy, Ashley Rickards, Sara Ramirez, Amanda Seyfried, Piper Perabo, Kara Crane, Mason Vale Cotton, Jason Earles, Nicole Anderson, Kim Kardashian PP, Mamma Mia, Connor Paolo, Kellie Pickler, Jackson Brundage, Sterling Knight PP
Recently Sent Out: Hilary Duff and Selena Gomez VV
RTS: Lisa Goldstein, Demi Lovato VV, David Archuleta VV, Brittany Snow VV, Selena Gomez VV
tim timmah27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tim timmah27 »

Doublebassist wrote:I saw Gran Torino for the second time yesterday, and I do believe that it is one of the greatest films I have ever seen. It should definitely be a nominee for Best Picture and Best Actor. On a scale of 1-10, it gets an 11. Don't miss it. See it while it's still in theaters.

GRAN TORINO
11/10
I agree it is an amazing film!
IP: LeBron James, Troy Polamalu, Jennie Finch, Brady Quinn, Torri Hunter, Grady Sizemore, Eddie George, Chris Paul, Wally Szczerbiak, Daniel Gibson, Josh Cribbs, Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Ben Roethlisberger, Darius Watts, Joe Nathan, C.C. Sabathia, Victor Martinez

TTM: Shawn Johnson, Taylor Swift, Will Ferrell, Grady Sizemore, Woody Paige, The Girls Next Door, Cavalier Girls

Favorite Autos: LeBron James, Shawn Johnson, Taylor Swift, Jennie Finch, Brady Quinn, Larry Bird, Adam Sandler, Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, Chris Paul, Maria Sharapova, Girls Next Door, Eddie George, Grady Sizemore, Ben Stiller, T.I.
WookieeLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WookieeLover »

"Revolutionary Road"...well... :roll:

9/10 because it's a Kate movie :lol: {up}