people who put that advertisement crap on diffrent topics

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
warlordforever04
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

people who put that advertisement crap on diffrent topics

Post by warlordforever04 »

they should not be warned and just blocked evertime you post spam or advertsment crap nothing to do with this website or just make a site where than post it
scarybun
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: people who put that advertisement **** on diffrent topic

Post by scarybun »

They are spambots, not live people. The admin or mods need to put up constraints on the site to prevent their registration and prevent comment/thread flooding. But I doubt it'll happen since many of the mods don't even know what a spambot is.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Only the admin can install anti-spam mods. Moderators are can only delete them as they appear.
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I delete them as soon as I see them. It's a daily thing. I deleted over ten just this morning. We need the help of everyone to report spam as they see it. PLEASE PM me, or a mod, when you see a spam posting.

And yes, I know what a spambot is. I've had a few websites over the years.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Well, "many" doesn't mean "all". It's nice that some moderators will delete spam, but it really shouldn't be their task.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

This site is going down sooner or later.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Ryco11757 wrote:This site is going down sooner or later.
How so? Too much spam?
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Jaffer wrote:
Ryco11757 wrote:This site is going down sooner or later.
How so? Too much spam?
The spam and its only going to get worse. Also The Global mods left and to me it seems like more of the mods are being less active. Im sure alot of us are sick of seeing the same topic over and over again because of argeuing on "view your posts" section. I always wanted to be a TM since im like the most active on here. I always have this site open on my computer. Also in alot of my computer classes in school i check this site everytime. Admin dosent reply to PM's and only make automated posts about winning $10 Gift certificate that has not been given out in over a year. Its a free site and the mods make it seem like you have to have a masters degree to be a TM. I would delete everything that needed and much more. Whatever i have to do to get ride of uselss whatever. Without better control of this site sooner or later there is going to be a better fourm competing with this one.
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

I'm actually more active than you are. I have the site open on my computer at all times. I'm a TM and can't do any of the things you listed. I can't delete or move topics. Inconvienent because I know that because I'm so active I could do a lot for the site if I had the resources.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Tabby wrote:I'm actually more active than you are. I have the site open on my computer at all times. I'm a TM and can't do any of the things you listed. I can't delete or move topics. Inconvienent because I know that because I'm so active I could do a lot for the site if I had the resources.

You made my point anyways by saying TM dont even have power anyways but yet there are so many of them that are not even active. Take away the TM that are not active and replace them with people that are more qualified. Thats my main point. Spammers, members that spam(Many of them!), many people that make fun of each other. Call names and make sarastic remarks. Im on this site to see people successes and help as much as i can.
Last edited by Ryco11757 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.