Photo copyright question

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
prettycrazy4life
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Photo copyright question

Post by prettycrazy4life »

So I was googling Emma Thompson today and stumbled upon a photo of my Emma Thompson autograph I got a couple of years ago, being used on somebody's Harry Potter blog page. The reason I know its mine is because the photo link is from my autograph website. All my photos have had watermarks on them for a while and this one doesn't, so I guess it wasn't recent.
How do I go about getting it off their site because they did not ask my permission to use it. The site is another language and when I got it translated, I couldn't find away to contact the author/ blog owner . I am tempted to report it to Google but I thought maybe someone can give me advice or info. I really would appreciate it! Thanks!
NOTE 3/26/09: I will be checking in on the site when I can, I just work a lot, and I'm in college so I don't want people to think I left for the other board. Thanks!
My Website
Most recent success: Kate Winslet, Timothy Olyphant, and Guys & Dolls Cast
Favorite Autographs: Adam Sandler, Kate Winslet, Nikki Reed, Marion Cotillard, Adrien Brody, Matthew Perry, Adam Brody, Daniel Radcliffe, Amanda Seyfried & Melissa George
Most Wanted: Rachel Weisz, Rupert Grint, Emily Blunt, James McAvoy, Dev Patel & Dominic Cooper
Autographs Total:143
Authentic: 89
In-person:4
Secretarial:11
Autopens:9
Pre-prints:23
Bought: 9
ROB123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Photo copyright question

Post by ROB123 »

can you leave comments on the site? If so comment them about it,

Maybe you could PM me the link so i could have a look and see if there is a method of contact?
prettycrazy4life
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

ROB123 wrote:can you leave comments on the site? If so comment them about it,

Maybe you could PM me the link so i could have a look and see if there is a method of contact?
I couldn't find a way to leave comments on the site so I just deleted the picture off my freewebs account and its not on their site anymore. Thanks though!
NOTE 3/26/09: I will be checking in on the site when I can, I just work a lot, and I'm in college so I don't want people to think I left for the other board. Thanks!
My Website
Favorite Autographs: Adam Sandler, Kate Winslet, Nikki Reed, Marion Cotillard, Adrien Brody, Matthew Perry, Adam Brody, Daniel Radcliffe, Amanda Seyfried & Melissa George
Most Wanted: Rachel Weisz, Rupert Grint, Emily Blunt, James McAvoy, Dev Patel & Dominic Cooper
ROB123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ROB123 »

prettycrazy4life wrote:
ROB123 wrote:can you leave comments on the site? If so comment them about it,

I couldn't find a way to leave comments on the site so I just deleted the picture off my freewebs account and its not on their site anymore. Thanks though!
Ok good {thumb2}
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi Brittany! ;)

I hate it when that happens. :mad: I've seen photos of my autographs too on other sites and no one ever asked for my permission. :? I should really watermark my photos too (whenever I get the time!). But it's good to hear it's now sorted. {thumb2}

Good luck!
zanne
ROB123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ROB123 »

zanne wrote:Hi Brittany! ;)

I hate it when that happens. :mad: I've seen photos of my autographs too on other sites and no one ever asked for my permission. :? I should really watermark my photos too (whenever I get the time!). But it's good to hear it's now sorted. {thumb2}

Good luck!
zanne
I found my in google images once :lol:
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

Hey!

That's exactly what happned to me, I googled some key words like "anna poplewell autograph" and then other Narnia names and I found at least three sites who used my autographs on their sites of course without my permission. What is more, my autograph appeared on one of most visited fansites of Anna without a source or my permission and my questionnaire which I got from Natalia Tena appeared without my permission also on her fansite, where the Snith Seeker (a famous Harry Potter related forum) got it from and claimed it as a questionnare made by that fansite. I was so angry, that I had to contact the owner of the fansites to credit me at least, what she has done but you can still find my questionnaire withiut me being credited on Snith Seeker and other sites :? . I also failed to contact the pwners of other sites where my autos appeared, because they were in foreign languages...

What I do ever since is that I put a watermark on every single picture of autograh I put on the net. It is an easy way to protect your pictures from being used like that.

Sammya
>> My autograph collection site << *NEW WEBSITE!*
prettycrazy4life
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

So I guess it happens to a lot of autograph site owners! :(
Well I found another one, this time a blogger used my Ashley Greene autograph photo and pasted it onto another photo of the actress. I'm betting this isn't the only one, most of my site hits are from people using google image searches. I wouldn't mind if people take the time to ask to use the photos but it just makes me sad that people do use my photos and don't even ask. It also makes me want to take down my site but I put a lot of work into the site too so I'm just torn on what to do.
My Website
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I've seen my autographs on other foreign sites too! :shock: It doesn't really bother me that much, but I do wish they'd ask! :?

RYAN J. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 am.