John Glenn - No Longer Signing

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
lpm9413
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: John Glenn - No Longer Signing

Post by lpm9413 »

Here is an excerpt from the Hells Kitchen web page:

"Tonight on NBC world renowned chef Gordon Ramsay’s television series Hell’s Kitchen where aspiring chefs compete returns with an all new Wednesday January 27, season 15 episode 3 called, “16 Chefs Compete,” and we have your weekly recap below. On tonight’s episode, a communication challenge comes with a relaxing retreat in Santa Barbara for the winning team. Later, the contestants cook for astronaut Buzz Aldrin."

This was from the January 27th episode.....not 3/2/16.... It's only February!!!!!!!
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

lpm9413 wrote:Here is an excerpt from the Hells Kitchen web page:

"Tonight on NBC world renowned chef Gordon Ramsay’s television series Hell’s Kitchen where aspiring chefs compete returns with an all new Wednesday January 27, season 15 episode 3 called, “16 Chefs Compete,” and we have your weekly recap below. On tonight’s episode, a communication challenge comes with a relaxing retreat in Santa Barbara for the winning team. Later, the contestants cook for astronaut Buzz Aldrin."

This was from the January 27th episode.....not 3/2/16.... It's only February!!!!!!!
I don't live in the USA so HK is shown over a week after in my country. And as far as I know 3.2.2016 is Feb 3, 2016 which is when it aired for us here.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Making appearances and signing autographs are two different things. For one, Glenn's eyesight has deteriorated to the point where newspapers have to be read to him. (He had a small stroke after surgery which affected his vision. He only has half his vision, has trouble recognizing people. Doctors hoped it would get better but it hasn't.)

Yes, he did sign for someone in-person after the announcement he would no longer sign, but ever so gracious, Glenn told the person he couldn't guarantee the quality of his signatures.

And while he did sign items sent in to him, for years, Glenn's office mailed out pre-signed photos of him, with the inscription added by computer. That's another sign of his old age, as well as only signing once or twice a year the mailed-in requests.

Glenn has been gracious with autographs for 50+ years, never charging a fee. We should be as gracious and accepting that he no longer signs.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
toycollector2000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by toycollector2000 »

northwellguy wrote:
Markd wrote:
northwellguy wrote:Yeah sure he can't sign autographs anymore but he can still get on an plane, travel 2000 miles, and have a cameo appearance on Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey???
Your attitude really ****. He's now almost 95 years old and has been one of the most reliable and gracious autograph signers for decades, one of the few prominent astronauts who has never charged for his graph. This policy has only come into being very recently as I saw someone got him back just a few months ago; there could be a number of reasons including health, time, travel etc. The guy was amazing to his fans for years and years and I have no doubt that he has a very valid reason to stop now.

As for you being sure that he's still going to sign for folks at NASA, yeah probably, he'll probably sign for anyone that approaches him in person because he's a really nice guy; he just doesn't have the time or energy to sign hundreds a week anymore.

Also, last question; when was John Glenn on Hell's Kitchen?! I never saw that episode...
You make good points but I agree to disagree.

It was on the episode that aired 3.2.2016 - Glenn and Buzz Aldrin were dinner guests.

Don't be a whining baby, the man is 94 years old! He use to sign a lot and everything a few years back. Guess you weren't quick enough?
toycollector2000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hartster wrote:Making appearances and signing autographs are two different things. For one, Glenn's eyesight has deteriorated to the point where newspapers have to be read to him. (He had a small stroke after surgery which affected his vision. He only has half his vision, has trouble recognizing people. Doctors hoped it would get better but it hasn't.)

Yes, he did sign for someone in-person after the announcement he would no longer sign, but ever so gracious, Glenn told the person he couldn't guarantee the quality of his signatures.

And while he did sign items sent in to him, for years, Glenn's office mailed out pre-signed photos of him, with the inscription added by computer. That's another sign of his old age, as well as only signing once or twice a year the mailed-in requests.

Glenn has been gracious with autographs for 50+ years, never charging a fee. We should be as gracious and accepting that he no longer signs.

Very well said! I've gotten a ton of him myself
toycollector2000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hartster wrote:Making appearances and signing autographs are two different things. For one, Glenn's eyesight has deteriorated to the point where newspapers have to be read to him. (He had a small stroke after surgery which affected his vision. He only has half his vision, has trouble recognizing people. Doctors hoped it would get better but it hasn't.)

Very well said! I've gotten a ton of him myself
Billsautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Billsautos »

DiamondDave wrote:Someone calls you out for your attitude, and you respond with calling them a "troll".

You really are nothing but a spoiled child.

Good luck.

Oh dear Dave!
warlordforever04
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by warlordforever04 »

his address should be removed in respect here and in the form administration
Imortalmindz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Imortalmindz »

northwellguy wrote:
DiamondDave wrote:Someone calls you out for your attitude, and you respond with calling them a "troll".

You really are nothing but a spoiled child.

Good luck.
I found your rock, too.

It's in your Mom's basement - you know, where you live right?

Just ignore Dave.

He's a troll. He's a mighty internet keyboard warrior.
Tanya-rosemeyer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tanya-rosemeyer »

northwellguy wrote:
Markd wrote:
northwellguy wrote:Yeah sure he can't sign autographs anymore but he can still get on an plane, travel 2000 miles, and have a cameo appearance on Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey???
Your attitude really ****. He's now almost 95 years old and has been one of the most reliable and gracious autograph signers for decades, one of the few prominent astronauts who has never charged for his graph. This policy has only come into being very recently as I saw someone got him back just a few months ago; there could be a number of reasons including health, time, travel etc. The guy was amazing to his fans for years and years and I have no doubt that he has a very valid reason to stop now.

As for you being sure that he's still going to sign for folks at NASA, yeah probably, he'll probably sign for anyone that approaches him in person because he's a really nice guy; he just doesn't have the time or energy to sign hundreds a week anymore.

Also, last question; when was John Glenn on Hell's Kitchen?! I never saw that episode...
You make good points but I agree to disagree.

It was on the episode that aired 3.2.2016 - Glenn and Buzz Aldrin were dinner guests.

It was aired in september 14 not feb 16