Nolan Ryan x3 - 3 1968T RC's - SUCCESS

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Nolan Ryan x3 - 3 1968T RC's - SUCCESS

Post by vjw0307 »

Sent 3 1968 Topps RC's that were already signed and inscribed by Jerry Koosman over to the Nolan Ryan Foundation. Mailed on 2/27/15 with required donation and rec'd all 3 back today signed and inscribed as requested. This now makes 6 completed RC's that I have in my collection...has always been my favorite card even as a kid.

Mailed to:

c/o Nolan Ryan Foundation, 2925 South Bypass 35, Alvin, TX 77511

and here are the other 3 that I already had:

caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Nolan Ryan x3 - 3 1968T RC's - SUCCESS

Post by caappy »

How much is the "donation" to the foundation to get his autograph?
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

caappy wrote:How much is the "donation" to the foundation to get his autograph?
Here is a link to all of the info for donations: http://nolanryanfoundation.stores.yahoo ... perit.html

But for cards, its $35/card and $18/inscription
kingstarsports
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by kingstarsports »

wow, Wow, WOW!!!! This has to be absolutely, hands down, the coolest success on here I have ever seen!!! I think it was you that posted your success on here a while back when you got Jerry Koosman, (wasn't that you???). Either way congratulations! {up} {up} {up} Nolan Ryan was one of my favorites growing up and still is, I have a lot of cards in my collection, lots of really good valuable cards too, but I never have owned Nolan's rookie card. That's a beautiful card, I'm happy for you that you got Koosman AND Nolan Ryan to sign. Enjoy those cards!!!!! And congrats again!!!!!
My collection is large and mainly focused on Sports

Just a Few of My Most Recent Successes: Jaromir Jagr (Hockey Player), Sidney Crosby (Hockey Player), Wade Boggs (Retired N.Y. Yankees), Greg Maddux (Retired Baseball Pitcher), Jimmy Key (Retired Baseball Pitcher), Chad Pennington (Retired Football QB), Niles Paul (Wash. Redskins WR), Andy Benes (Retired Baseball Player), Danny Tartabull (Retired N.Y. Yankee), Sterling Sharpe (Retired Green Bay Packers), Jeff George (Retired NFL), Derek Redmond (Olympic Runner)

Autographs Currently Waiting On: Geno Smith (N.Y. Jets), Marshall Faulk (Retired St. Louis Rams), Charles Mann (Retired Wash. Redskins), B.J. Surhoff (Retired Balt. Orioles), Kathryn Thornton (Astronaut)

Fanmail.biz ROCKS! Thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this database! Except for the "HATERS"!
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

kingstarsports wrote:wow, Wow, WOW!!!! This has to be absolutely, hands down, the coolest success on here I have ever seen!!! I think it was you that posted your success on here a while back when you got Jerry Koosman, (wasn't that you???). Either way congratulations! {up} {up} {up} Nolan Ryan was one of my favorites growing up and still is, I have a lot of cards in my collection, lots of really good valuable cards too, but I never have owned Nolan's rookie card. That's a beautiful card, I'm happy for you that you got Koosman AND Nolan Ryan to sign. Enjoy those cards!!!!! And congrats again!!!!!
Thanks for the really kind words...appreciate that! Yep, that was me that posted the Koosman. This was one of those cards that I always wanted to own as a kid so its a bit special to me to collect these.
mikesautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mikesautos »

VERY NICE MAN !!! Those are now Worth Big $$$$
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

caappy wrote:How much is the "donation" to the foundation to get his autograph?
Why is "donation" in quotes? They're a 501(c)3--money given to them is as much a donation as money given to any other charity.

Or are you one of the people who thinks PBS sells tote bags for obscene prices?

ETA: It occurs to me that many on this forum will have no clue what I'm talking about. So, rather than have to explain it later, I might as well do it now.

There are 2 reasons to put "donation" in quotes:
1) You doubt the legitimacy of the charity.
2) You view the transaction as a purchase.

#1 is dealt with fairly easily--you simply point to their 501(c)3 status.

With #2: it's not. It's the same business model as PBS. They aren't selling tote bags, they're offering them as an incentive to donate at or above a certain amount. It is the same case here. It's not a purchase price, it's a suggested minimum donation. If you send more than they're asking, they're not going to send you a refund.

So if you view this as a purchase, then, logically, you must be the same type of person who believes that PBS is selling tote bags, as the transactions are identical--just a different item & a different charity.
Last edited by WaltG123 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
YankeeFan123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YankeeFan123 »

kingstarsports wrote:wow, Wow, WOW!!!! This has to be absolutely, hands down, the coolest success on here I have ever seen!!! I think it was you that posted your success on here a while back when you got Jerry Koosman, (wasn't that you???). Either way congratulations! {up} {up} {up} Nolan Ryan was one of my favorites growing up and still is, I have a lot of cards in my collection, lots of really good valuable cards too, but I never have owned Nolan's rookie card. That's a beautiful card, I'm happy for you that you got Koosman AND Nolan Ryan to sign. Enjoy those cards!!!!! And congrats again!!!!!
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

^You know you didn't post anything, right?

Mistook "Quote" for "Edit" without realizing that you were logged into a different account, perhaps?
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
Alfie1997
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Alfie1997 »

YankeeFan123 wrote: