Dame Diana Rigg - Success and failure : In person

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
enrohm1963
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Dame Diana Rigg - Success and failure : In person

Post by enrohm1963 »

Dame Diana Rigg is appearing in a one-woman show at Edinburgh Fringe at present. I attended her show on Sunday 17th August 2014 but missed her when she left the venue.

I took a late lunch today to try to catch her as I had two Game of Thrones photos I wanted signed. As feedback for anyone interested, she confirmed that she "no longer does autographs". Instead I had my photo taken with her :

I already have a signed photo from earlier in my collecting career so all is not lost but I thought it might be worth feeding back the comment direct from this great lady's own mouth.

Update 30th August, this is the photo I have in my collection along with the one I had hoped to have signed now :

Last edited by enrohm1963 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
LDSimp88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dame Diana Rigg - Success and failure : In person

Post by LDSimp88 »

Great 'success'. It's a shame to hear that she no longer signs, as I have only recently written to her for an autograph :( I wonder if she'll return my mail or I just won't get anything back?
Autograph Collection: www.facebook.com/lees.autographs
Normanbotts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Normanbotts »

I recieved my photo signed back from her about 12 months ago.
It's a shame she has stopped signing. Did she say why?
NB
enrohm1963
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by enrohm1963 »

Normanbotts wrote:I recieved my photo signed back from her about 12 months ago.
It's a shame she has stopped signing. Did she say why?

No - all she said was "I don't do autographs".
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Well, she IS 76. Maybe she just decided at this time of her life she didn't want to spend it signing stuff. Bill Cosby did the same thing. Nice that she took a pic with you, though.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
zombula
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by zombula »

I got 1 back from her well over a year ago and she signed 2 for me from her Dr.Who appearance , when i sent her a card for her last Birthday .
Guess im lucky to have them signed .
ImageImage
autograph hound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autograph hound »

Not an expert on her sig but many I see for sale differ a lot compared to IP (met her 3 yrs ago) , I don't trust them.
enrohm1963
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by enrohm1963 »

autograph hound wrote:Not an expert on her sig but many I see for sale differ a lot compared to IP (met her 3 yrs ago) , I don't trust them.
Thanks for the comment but, with all due respect, I do not see the relevance given the purpose of my original post was to let people know that she would not sign in person and I did not get a signature...............and I do not need to buy one as I got a photo from her many years ago earlier in my collecting career.
arambula
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arambula »

I wonder if this is a recent decision she has made... I have been to several of her plays in London over the last 7 years or so and she always signed for everyone - unless they had Avengers or James Bond items. I also saw a Youtube clip of her recently signing in New York.

Maybe she's gotten a lot more autograph requests now because of Game of Thrones.

Congrats on the photo, by the way! :D I have one with her as well, but I have seen her refuse to take them with people.
autograph hound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autograph hound »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiRx5rHbZCQ

Amazing poster sgd by both Lazenby & Rigg......she only did 1 con and will prolly never again do another , it was not her cup of tea.

*OHMSS 45*