Doris Day Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
paleo007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Doris Day Success

Post by paleo007 »

Sent: December 10th, 2011
Success: January 23rd, 2012

Sent 3 things for her to autograph, The West Point Story DVD cover and 2 8x10s. She personalized the photos, one to me and the other to my sister. However, the DVD cover was returned back unsigned and a brochure to Doris Day Animal Foundation was included too.

I used the address found on her official website:
Doris Day Animal Foundation
8033 Sunset Boulevard #845
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Success TTM-386
In Person-137
Bought on ebay/dealer-12
1st person I ever recieved: Ray Harryhausen in '92
Celebs met more than once: John Cena, Jackie Haas, April Hunter, Maria Kanellis, Kristanna Loken, Stacy Keibler, Jamie Reed-Kovac, Shelly Martinez, Dawn Marie, Candice Michelle, Lisa Marie Varon & Torrie Wilson.
Scientists I've met more than once: Dr. Jack Horner, Dr. Peter Dodson

Dream Match
locowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Doris Day Success

Post by locowski »

Sorry but this is SEC.
paleo007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by paleo007 »

locowski wrote:Sorry but this is SEC.
Thanks for clearing that up
Success TTM-386
In Person-137
Bought on ebay/dealer-12
1st person I ever recieved: Ray Harryhausen in '92
Celebs met more than once: John Cena, Jackie Haas, April Hunter, Maria Kanellis, Kristanna Loken, Stacy Keibler, Jamie Reed-Kovac, Shelly Martinez, Dawn Marie, Candice Michelle, Lisa Marie Varon & Torrie Wilson.
Scientists I've met more than once: Dr. Jack Horner, Dr. Peter Dodson

Dream Match
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi paleo007 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Doris Day on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
A-AutographFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by A-AutographFan »

paleo007 wrote:
locowski wrote:Sorry but this is SEC.
Thanks for clearing that up
The comment above is incorrect. Your autographs are 100% authentic. Ms Day would not encourage autograph requests on her website if she were not able to fulfill them personally. Also, just look on Ebay. Currently there are a number of hand signed checks, hand written letters and other legal documents that once the handwriting style is compared, its easy to be certain of your signed photo's authenticity.
buffysatine
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by buffysatine »

These are 110% SEC, if the original poster compares his autographs to the flyer for the animal fund he will clearly see the difference. The SEC is good BUT she has never mastered the art of doing the D the exact way Doris does them. She has not signed authentically TTM for many years & as for checking items on ebay to authenticate - that's no way to check at all. Many sellers have these TTM SEC autos of Doris for sale with all kinds of fancy COA's with them.

Pale007 compare the animal fund flyer with her signatrue at the bottom to your autos & you will se what I mean about the D not being correct - sorry to say your's like everyone elses are SEC.
Wordsworth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wordsworth »

Which is unfortunate because her website solicits donations for her Foundation in exchange for the autographs. One would hope at least those signatures would be authentic.

I don't have a problem with celebrities charging for autographs or requesting charitable donations in exchange for them, but I don't think it's too much to ask that the celebrity themself actually signs the thing.

Oh, well, que sera sera.
A-AutographFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by A-AutographFan »

buffysatine wrote:These are 110% SEC, if the original poster compares his autographs to the flyer for the animal fund he will clearly see the difference. The SEC is good BUT she has never mastered the art of doing the D the exact way Doris does them. She has not signed authentically TTM for many years & as for checking items on ebay to authenticate - that's no way to check at all. Many sellers have these TTM SEC autos of Doris for sale with all kinds of fancy COA's with them.

Pale007 compare the animal fund flyer with her signatrue at the bottom to your autos & you will se what I mean about the D not being correct - sorry to say your's like everyone elses are SEC.

I am sorry but you are incorrect. Doris has changed the way she signs her D a number of times over the years. She currently signs it the way she did in the 50s. Again, these are NOOOOT secretarial autographs everyone. You can not authenticate a signature just by looking at the way the first letter is signed. You have to look at the writing style of the other words in the personalization etc. I have done some homework for you even though I can tell you for certain these are Authentic.

1950s signature:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DORIS-DAY-HAND- ... 2eab9ba6b1

Here is one with the D signed the way you know is authentic. Look at the handwriting in the personalization (listing is complete but click on it for a larger view of the pic:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... true&rt=nc

Letter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DORIS-DAY-AUTOG ... 562acb1b4f