Al Kaline FAILURE!!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
smdavis2003
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Al Kaline FAILURE!!!

Post by smdavis2003 »

6/16/11 sent a card, index card, $5, LOR and SASE to address on the database...

6/24/11 received everything back with no explanation... He also crossed out his address with a blue sharpie on my SASE
ThePhantom
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Al Kaline FAILURE!!!

Post by ThePhantom »

I've heard some really weird stories with him. I think he might be going south mentally

One guy here had his five dollar bill cut into three seperate pieces with a scissors!
http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php? ... =2704&sp=2
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi smdavis2003 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Al Kaline on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

It is a well known fact that Mr. Kaline is hit or miss. If you send $20 you will have a better chance at getting something back. He is a pretty stubborn old man lol.

However, Defacing money is a federal crime and can be punishable to a fine set by the court or 6 months in jail. Whoever did that had no business doing that!
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
milbfan
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by milbfan »

Kaline is a willing signer in person and thru the mail. The same comments about your Niekro failure apply here. Past performance (signing for free,etc.) does not guarantee that he will in the future. I personally have gotten him for free in person, however I would send him the
$10 to insure that any item I sent would be signed. Remember that you are asking him to take the time to answer your request and that he has set the terms for obtaining his autograph to be $10.

Now, if you would like a reality check go to this website and see,what some of these guys who sign for $20 or less....Kaline, Fingers, Niekro, Irvin, Perry and Bob Lilly sign for at a show. Case in point with Jim Bunning and Whitey Herzog who sign for free.

http://www.signinghotline.com/

Yes, I understand that $10 + $15 + $10 + $10 + $20 + $5 + Free + Free = $70 vs. Kaline $69 + Fingers $25+ Niekro not signing + Monte Irvin not signing + Perry $30 + Bob Lilly (?) + Bunning $50 + Herzog $49. So my point is that the fee he charges thru the mail is small compared to what they ask at a show in most cases. You also don't have to stand in line nor do you have to travel to the show they are at.

Yes I understand that an autograph should be free in a perfect world. Look at what todays players are asking and some will not be selected for the hall of fame or have a outstanding career. They want more than these formar players are asking through the mail.

Enough with the rant.