Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!

Moderator: admin

Forum rules
Please do not forget to include the celebrity's name, the address, and the sent & received dates. Celeb should be ok to receive fan mail at the address used. Feedback under 3 month old 8)

You can upload your scan here: http://www.surfmypictures.com/ (files under 1MB)

All passwords have been reset on January 14th 2019. To retrieve your new password click here.

Thank you {up}
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 408
Collector since: 0
Location:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by joe316 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:28 pm

af10 wrote:Some people like having that item of their favorite celebrity personalized.


It is great if that is what the person is collecting autographs for and they aren't collecting them for the same reason people collect coins or baseball cards. But some people on here seem to be making the newbie's think that their collection of personalized autographs would be worth something to someone else or have a monetary value. That is simply not true and that lie shouldn't be spread around. Nobody wants a personalized item. They would go somewhere else and just get one that isn't personalized of that person. If it is all for sentimental value that is fine. Just as long as those people know they aren't worth anything to anyone else and worth the world to them only.

Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by Jaffer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:36 pm

I have been told nailpolish remover does the trick. I don't own any myself, so I have not been able to test it.
But either way, you make personalisation sound like it's the end of the hobby. I would much rather celebs sign and personalise then not sign at all.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto (twice), Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner,

Recent successes: Amber Heard, Freida Pinto, Ana De Amas, Gal Gadot, Rachel McAdams, Rooney Mara, Abbie Cornish , Alona Tal, Alice Eve

User avatar
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:08 am
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by vivalakayla » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 am

joe316 wrote:
af10 wrote:Some people like having that item of their favorite celebrity personalized.


It is great if that is what the person is collecting autographs for and they aren't collecting them for the same reason people collect coins or baseball cards. But some people on here seem to be making the newbie's think that their collection of personalized autographs would be worth something to someone else or have a monetary value. That is simply not true and that lie shouldn't be spread around. Nobody wants a personalized item. They would go somewhere else and just get one that isn't personalized of that person. If it is all for sentimental value that is fine. Just as long as those people know they aren't worth anything to anyone else and worth the world to them only.


I've never seen anyone on here the whole time I've been on this forum - which is since 2005 act like their collection was going to be worth big bucks in the future or that they were even going to sell it.

No offense, but you just joined here - and you have a lot to say and think you right about a lot of it... and well, you're not.

striker20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm
Interests:
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Location:
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by striker20 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

Jaffer wrote:I have been told nailpolish remover does the trick. I don't own any myself, so I have not been able to test it.
But either way, you make personalisation sound like it's the end of the hobby. I would much rather celebs sign and personalise then not sign at all.


It works. I had to remove a personalization once because my autograph was made out to the wrong person. I think you need glossy photos for it to work, though.

mrgoo1
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:03 pm
Interests: NFL,MLB,hard rock/heavy metal;Movies
Autographs received: 1200
Collector since: 1982
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Tom Hanks Success! (old)

Post by mrgoo1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

JonAQ wrote:
joe316 wrote:Unfortunately he personalized it on purpose cause he knew that a personalized photograph is worthless to anyone but the person it is personalized to. I have seen Babe Ruth signatures that were personalized not even sell because nobody wants one that is personalized. Sorry to say that other then the sentimental value you could never sell that for anything. :roll:


You're wrong on almost everything in that pointless and ignorant post. Alot of collectors don't mind if somethings personalized to someone else. They would rather it isnt, but if it's high enough on their list of wants then they wont mind. You can also remove personalizations from alot of things. But with a post like that, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

As for your information on a Babe Ruth autograph not selling because no one wants one personalized, well if that's true then I'll eat my own shoe. Millions of people would kill (figuratively, and I'm sure in some cases literally) for a Babe Ruth autograph, regardless if it's personalized or not.



I'd kill for one. You have one, Joe316? LOL. As far as selling autographs, I know a few people that sell some that they pay for. A few friends of mine actually started their business by paying former athletes to sign and sell them with the athlete knowing. I have a few interested in doing that for me, in fact (like Craig Morton and Billy Sims...). You have collectors and people with such a passion for autographs that they like to give the oppurtunity to others who don't know how to construct a good fan letter. Not everyone has the gift of writing. Last year, I wrote to Peyton Manning for a professional baseball player who is a neighbor of mine. Ross was so grateful that he sent me 3 of his minor league cards and his Topps 2007 rookie card, all signed.
Recently Received: Roger Craig, Dane Iorg, Lonnie Smith

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests