Col C. E. Bud Anderson Fighter Ace W W I I

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Col C. E. Bud Anderson Fighter Ace W W I I

Post by caappy »

Clarence Emil "Bud" Anderson (born January 13, 1922) is a retired officer in the United States Air Force, a triple ace of World War II, and the highest scoring living American fighter ace. During the war he was the highest scoring flying ace in his P-51 Mustang squadron. Towards the end of Anderson's two combat tours in Europe in 1944 he was promoted to major at 22, a young age even for a highly effective officer in wartime. After the war Anderson became a well regarded fighter test pilot, and a fighter squadron and wing commander. He served his wing commander tour in combat in the Vietnam War. He retired as a full colonel in 1972, after which he worked in flight test management for McDonnell Douglas. A member of the National Aviation Hall of Fame.

Anderson flew two tours of combat against the Luftwaffe in Europe while with the 363d Fighter Squadron of the 357th Fighter Group, based at RAF Leiston, England, and was the group's third leading ace with ?16 1?4 aerial victories. His P-51 Mustang, nicknamed Old Crow (after the whiskey of the same name), carried him safely through 116 missions without being hit by fire from enemy aircraft and without Anderson ever having to turn back for any reason. He returned to the United States in February 1945 as a major. With over thirty years of military service, Bud retired as a colonel in March 1972. He was decorated 25 times for his service to the United States. [us]

Sent him 2 photos on 31 Mar and got them back signed on 12 Apr.. Signed them C E Bud Anderson. On the back of the letter I sent he wrote, Please No Ebay.. No problem here.. never happens to my autographs..

Col C.E. "Bud" Anderson
1060 Southridge Dr
Auburn, CA 95603
admin
Site Admin

Re: Col C. E. Bud Anderson Fighter Ace W W I I

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)