Autopen signing

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Supertamtam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autopen signing

Post by Supertamtam »

Do celebrities do the autopen themselves or does the sec do it.
raymond65
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Autopen signing

Post by raymond65 »

If they did the autopen themselves, they might as well sign the photo instead... Of course someone else takes care of the fanmail.
raymond65
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by raymond65 »

But they provide the autograph for the autpen!!
DJL7912
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DJL7912 »

an Auto Pen is a machine that cost around $10,000 each. the Person would sing one item and the AP will copy it exactly over and over. if you see another collector have the photo look to see if the signature is Exactly the same? No one can write ther signatures exactly the same. Many Have Secraturies that sign for them but in most cases unless they are Really Big and get 100,000 requests you'll get real signastures :roll:
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Many celebrities who get thousands of requests will employ a company like Spanky Taylor.
Johnny Depp comes to mind.
Spanky takes one example, loads it into the autopen, then every request that comes in the mail some minimum wage flunkie sits there for hours putting photos under the autopen and sending the SASE back to the fan.
Autopens are not real or authentic.
Politicians and CEO's who sign hundreds of things a day commonly use an autopen.
e.g. Many people who think they have an authentic John F. Kennedy signature are always disappointed when they learn he used an autopen almost exclusively in the White House.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.