Al Franken - disappointing FAIL

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Antic5
$10 gift certificate winner

Al Franken - disappointing FAIL

Post by Antic5 »

On 5/2, I sent a LOR, SASE, and a playing card to former Senator Al Franken at

Alan Franken, Inc.
573 South 10th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1013

On 7/19, I received the card back, unsigned, in my SASE with no explanation. Also - and I find this particularly puzzling - there is no standard postal cancellation on the envelope. Instead, there is simply a pen mark through the stamp. Very odd. I see that he does sign, so I'll definitely try again.

Uploaded with surfmypictures
admin
Site Admin

Re: Al Franken - disappointing FAIL

Post by admin »

Hi Antic5 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Al Franken on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)
loon15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by loon15 »

Antic5,
As I’m from there the only reason that I could think of him not signing anything could be because he’s no longer doing it or temporarily stopped for now
Antic5

Post by Antic5 »

loon15 wrote:Antic5,
As I’m from there the only reason that I could think of him not signing anything could be because he’s no longer doing it or temporarily stopped for now
Thanks loon15, that's good to hear. I'm definitely going to try again.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

The pen mark through the stamp means that the envelope missed being canceled by machine and a worker caught it, running a pen through the stamp to prevent its reuse.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
DR35150

Post by DR35150 »

Tried in person autograph with him once. He was waiting for a cab and had plenty of time and at first said NO! Leave me alone. Then as I walked away he says come back. I need cab fare so for $20 I'll sign whatever you want. I almost went for it and then said. "No! Leave me alone" and walked away. He called me a D*** as I left. Wouldn't take his autograph if he paid me for it.
"Well I couldn't help it, I was dreaming I was awake. And then I woke up and found myself asleep."
Lucipher28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lucipher28 »

I sent mine to him when he was in office. He signed 2 pictures for me, actually.

As for the cab story, that's crazy to hear about him being a dick to someone....that's usually not like him.
Signatures received TTM: Keith Gordon, Ted DiBiase, Betty White, Kurtwood Smith, Bob Barker, John Walsh, Edward Norton, John Douglas, Tom Kalinkse, Al Franken, Rob Paulsen, James Lovell, John Carpenter, Jesse Ventura, Gary Busey, Gene Okerlund, Larry Flynt, The Young Turks, Jimmy Kimmel, Ivan Lendl, Will Vinton, Lynda Carter, Katie Featherston, Mel Gibson, Nancy Cartwright, Robert Patrick, Shaq, John McEnroe, Kevin Conroy, Pierce Brosnan, Jimmy Carter, Howard Stern, Phil Hellmuth, Peter Weller, Patrick Stewart, Craig Nelson, Aaron Eckhart, Jean Reno, Susan Sarandon, Svengoolie, Michael Ironside, Jeanie Buss, Annie Potts, Sam Elliot, Jason Alexander, Brian Cox, Robert Duvall, & Martin Sheen.

Waiting on: Woody Harrelson, Gene Hackman, Bill Maher, Ted Levine, Michael Mann, Oliver Stone, Jeff Goldblum, David Letterman, Ian McKellen, James Worthy, Michael Keaton, Joe Pesci, James Saito, Kevin Costner, Dennis Leary, Tom Berenger, William Peterson, & Candace Parker.
DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Lucipher28 wrote:I sent mine to him when he was in office. He signed 2 pictures for me, actually.

As for the cab story, that's crazy to hear about him being a dick to someone....that's usually not like him.
The women he sexually harassed would probably disagree with you.
Trolls be gone!
Lucipher28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lucipher28 »

DiamondDave wrote:
Lucipher28 wrote:I sent mine to him when he was in office. He signed 2 pictures for me, actually.

The women he sexually harassed would probably disagree with you.
Oh please, you mean the ones on the USO tours who were caught on camera, harassing men? (Robin Williams, etc)

Gimme a break, and better luck next time.
Signatures received TTM: Keith Gordon, Ted DiBiase, Betty White, Kurtwood Smith, Bob Barker, John Walsh, Edward Norton, John Douglas, Tom Kalinkse, Al Franken, Rob Paulsen, James Lovell, John Carpenter, Jesse Ventura, Gary Busey, Gene Okerlund, Larry Flynt, The Young Turks, Jimmy Kimmel, Ivan Lendl, Will Vinton, Lynda Carter, Katie Featherston, Mel Gibson, Nancy Cartwright, Robert Patrick, Shaq, John McEnroe, Kevin Conroy, Pierce Brosnan, Jimmy Carter, Howard Stern, Phil Hellmuth, Peter Weller, Patrick Stewart, Craig Nelson, Aaron Eckhart, Jean Reno, Susan Sarandon, Svengoolie, Michael Ironside, Jeanie Buss, Annie Potts, Sam Elliot, Jason Alexander, Brian Cox, Robert Duvall, & Martin Sheen.

Waiting on: Woody Harrelson, Gene Hackman, Bill Maher, Ted Levine, Michael Mann, Oliver Stone, Jeff Goldblum, David Letterman, Ian McKellen, James Worthy, Michael Keaton, Joe Pesci, James Saito, Kevin Costner, Dennis Leary, Tom Berenger, William Peterson, & Candace Parker.