Rene Auberjonois fail

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
bookofoa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Rene Auberjonois fail

Post by bookofoa »

I saw a couple of success posted earlier in the year, so I wrote to Mr. Auberjonois a couple of months ago c/o:

The Oracle
PO Box 16296
Minneapolis, MN 55416.

Today I received my original LOR (unread) and trading card back unsigned in my SASE along with a secretarial letter explaining that Mr. Auberjonois requests a $30 charitable donation in exchange for personalized autographs, and that ALL autographs are personalized.

I don't have anything against collecting for charity, or limiting his signing at his age, but personally if I'm going to spend $30 on a personalized autograph, I'd at least want it to be in person.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rene Auberjonois fail

Post by admin »

Hi bookofoa :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and letter you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Rene Auberjonois on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
Haunted Man-Shane
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Haunted Man-Shane »

I sent to him about a year ago thru his agency and received my photos back signed without making a donation or paying a fee.

Rene Auberjonois
c/o CESD Talent Agency
10635 Santa Monica Blvd # 130/135
Los Angeles, CA 90025-8306
mikesautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mikesautos »

ya i got the same BS Letter .. $30 .. i will pass !!!
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Not BS. It's for charity, although what one wants to do with the money is their business. They can charge or not. And we can pay or not. Don't like it, vote with your wallet. Days of getting a free autograph are far coming to an end.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
mikesautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mikesautos »

the days of getting Free autographs will never come to a end !!! some Celebs will always sign for fan's . There are other ways to get $$ for charity than charge Crazy high price no 1 will pay .
$30 is a very high for him . If he charged $5 . More people would buy . No 1 will pay $30 .
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

If no one will pay $30 ... then why is he charging it? If no one pays, the price drops. That's simple economics.

And $30 is relatively inexpensive. See what others charge at a Star Trek con. I remember the early days of $20 admission and take your chances at getting Marina Sirtis at a Knights of Columbus hall or somesuch ... then, when I got out of Trek, it was $250 for the weekend (granted, more than one Trek star), autographs were extra money.

Auberjonois, given the breadth of his acting, is more than worth the amount he charges.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
Garakplainsimple

Post by Garakplainsimple »

I paid it. The money goes to a good cause, Doctors without Borders.

Well worth it for he is one of my favorites in all of Trek.