Mark Hamill Success???

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Poe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mark Hamill Success???

Post by Poe »

So, I've seen a few other threads about this and no real conclusions, but I received this today, 8th of March 2018. It's not a photo I sent (I received those back). I sent to the PO Box 287, MI 48480, USA address on the 13th of September 2017. I've been staring at it under the light and the silver of the autograph is definitely not printed onto the actual photograph, though whether it's an autopen is another matter, though I've never seen an autopen which is as thick and inconsistent as this one. If it's real, that's really cool, though I had hoped for a Star Wars one because that's what I sent and talked about in my letter, but anything is really cool if it's legit! I've included several hi-def close-ups, though can't get the silver of the pen to capture the light through the camera.

This is very confusing. If it's a fake, who's doing it and why? If it's real, then... that's awesome. Thoughts?

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/ynzio
faceless105
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mark Hamill Success???

Post by faceless105 »

I posted mine a few days ago from the same address.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1365463

I sent two pictures, got them back unsigned, but they included an additional photo that is signed. I'm in the same boat, I don't know an autopen from an authentic. My personal conclusion was that it's an autograph, whether it's from mark hamill, a secretary, or just some random person signing his name, it at the very least wasn't a pre-print.

I tend to lean towards the conclusion that he pre-signs photos and the fan club distributes them as they have them, and from watching the forums this week, they've been distributing them. I know I was looking at his signature online and it looked similar enough to me to be convinced.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Poe :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Mark Hamill on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
sean507
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sean507 »

Same as above. I believe the fan club sends out authentic ones time and time again. Yours looks good to me. If it's a fake, it's a pretty dang good one.
Münchausen
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Münchausen »

Unfortunately, I would say it’s a fake. However, you can always tweet Mark Hamill a picture of it and ask him {up}
TTM: Tim Allen, Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Peter Capaldi, John Carpenter, Nick Castle, Henry Cavill, Hayden Christensen, Sean Connery (possibly secretarial), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Charlie Cox, Courteney Cox, Daniel Craig, Bryan Cranston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Judi Dench, Peter Dinklage, Christopher Eccleston, Aaron Eckhart, Jesse Eisenberg, Robert Englund, Dane Farwell, Noel Gallagher, Walton Goggins, Michael C. Hall, Mark Hamill, Tom Hardy, Freddie Highmore, John Hurt, Jeremy Irons, Val Kilmer, George Lazenby, Andrew Lincoln, Brad Loree, Matthew McConaughey, Ben Mendelsohn, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Momoa, Roger Moore, Daniel Radcliffe, Tim Roth, Matt Ryan, Taylor Schilling, Tony Shalhoub, Don Shanks, Christian Slater, Matt Smith, Ringo Starr, David Tennant, Billy Bob Thornton, Christoph Waltz, Adam West, and George P. Wilbur.
FCM
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FCM »

People are saying that it's fake, since Mark Hamill himself tried to shut down the International Mark Hamill Fan Club--but that's wrong; that address wasn't even to the IMHFC! And, if you go on their website, you can't find an address. :?

I'd say it's real. Another reason to believe so would be that I found him home addresses, and one of the addresses was in Michigan, which is where the addresses you sent it to is.

You should tweet Mark Hamill! Whether it's real or not, it'd still be cool to hear from him. :)
I love hearing others' opinions! However, before you start commenting, please read this carefully: I welcome opinions but will not obey orders and suggestions. So, please don't say, "Toss that in the trash," or, "Frame the autograph right away," etc. I understand that you're sharing what you'd do, but you can't make me do what you order--what I received in the mail is mine, not yours.

goldenagehollywood
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goldenagehollywood »

Got the same photo about 2 yrs ago its 100 percent live ink. And I do think they are authentic I would say they are pre signed and when they run out there is a dry spell and that's when you will get the preprint autos. So the people who are getting these are getting authentic Mark Hamill autographs.