Mike Utley American Football

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mike Utley American Football

Post by caappy »

Michael Gerard Utley (born December 20, 1965) is a former American football player. Utley was an offensive lineman with the Detroit Lions, picked in the third round of the 1989 NFL Draft. In his rookie year, Utley became the starting right guard for the Lions. He played for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League from 1989 through 1991, when he was paralyzed during a game.
Utley attended Washington State University and was part of the Cougars team which triumphed at the 1988 Aloha Bowl, Washington State's first bowl victory since the 1916 Rose Bowl. He was also named MVP. That season, he earned consensus All-American honors, only the second Cougar to do so. In 2004 Utley was elected into the WSU Athletic Hall of Fame. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2016.

In his third year, Utley started every game and was the full-time right guard until a paralysis injury forced him to retire. An injury to his sixth and seventh cervical vertebrae occurred in a game against the LA Rams on November 17, 1991. Although he would later learn he was largely paralyzed from the chest down,[5] Utley flashed the crowd a "thumbs up" as he was being taken off the field. The thumbs up sign has become the symbol for the Mike Utley Foundation, a foundation created in 1991 by Utley and his agent Bruce Allen to help seek a cure for paralysis.

Sent him 2 photos on 27 May and got both back signed on 21 Jun.. Also wrote Lions 89-91 CFHOF 2016. Included a pamphlet about the Mike Utley Foundation.

Mr Mike Utley
Address Outdated
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mike Utley American Football

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Mike Utley
Mike Utley Foundation
P.O. Box 458
Orondo, WA 98843
USA

{star} Mike Utley on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)
gerryk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gerryk »

Cappy, did you use the address: P.O. Box 349, Orondo, WA 98843 ?? What's with the last post, *outdated*... I'm ready to drop it in the mail, then I saw that.
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

Yes I did. it is the one that I used... I am sure it is his home address and ADMIN did not like that...
gerryk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gerryk »

Thanks Caappy! Your posts are great, I was soooooo stoked to see your Mike Utley post, being a cradle to grave Detroit Lions fan. I will never forget the 91-92 season. Lions last playoff win. #ThumbsUp
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

Glad to be of help.. we do have a fun hobby... good luck