Barbara Windsor RTS

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
LunaMellark
$10 gift certificate winner

Barbara Windsor RTS

Post by LunaMellark »

Hi,

Received my first RTS in a while :( I sent a LOR, a SASE and a couple of photos to the database address for Dame Barbara Windsor and the reply was like nothing I'd ever had before.

They'd opened my letter, written my address on the back of the envelope to send it back to me, put a letter of their own inside (pictured below) saying that they won't forward the Fanmail unless I send a blank stamped envelope inside, in addition to my SASE :oops: has anyone else ever had something like this before?

Address Used:
Barbara Windsor
Burnett Crowther, Ltd.
10 Golden Square
London, W1F 9JA
UK

Best Wishes, Jess.
Last edited by LunaMellark on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Barbara Windsor RTS

Post by Morphindel »

Thats kinda weird. So you wrote to her agency, and then they wouldnt... i guess forward it to her private address? How do they expect people to know that? How strange.
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
LunaMellark

Post by LunaMellark »

Morphindel wrote:Thats kinda weird. So you wrote to her agency, and then they wouldnt... i guess forward it to her private address? How do they expect people to know that? How strange.
That's exactly what happened, it's so weird! They refused to forward it to her private address unless I included a stamped envelope for them to forward it in :oops:

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
Rourke24
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Rourke24 »

from their website -

FAN MAIL
All fan mail, requests for autographs and signed photos must contain a stamped envelope so that we may forward this to our clients. If you wish to receive a reply from a client, please also include an SAE with the correct postage for a response, failing to do so cannot guarantee you a reply. Unfortunately we are unable to forward special delivery packages of any kind. NB: Clients do not live in our office. Please note that it is entirely at the client’s discretion whether they choose to respond.
jayeshgadia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jayeshgadia »

LunaMellark wrote:Hi,

Received my first RTS in a while :( I sent a LOR, a SASE and a couple of photos to the database address for Dame Barbara Windsor and the reply was like nothing I'd ever had before.

They'd opened my letter, written my address on the back of the envelope to send it back to me, put a letter of their own inside (pictured below) saying that they won't forward the Fanmail unless I send a blank stamped envelope inside, in addition to my SASE :oops: has anyone else ever had something like this before?

Best Wishes, Jess.
Weird it is.
I sent three pictures and got all three signed three weeks ago. I sent it exactly the way you
Had by including a SASE.
Also why would an agency forward all letters thru mail when
Ideally they should be getting everything's signed in one go
From their client and send it back in the same SASE. Unless she has decided
To change the agency and hence they are playing hard to get.
LunaMellark

Post by LunaMellark »

Rourke24 wrote:from their website -

FAN MAIL
All fan mail, requests for autographs and signed photos must contain a stamped envelope so that we may forward this to our clients. If you wish to receive a reply from a client, please also include an SAE with the correct postage for a response, failing to do so cannot guarantee you a reply. Unfortunately we are unable to forward special delivery packages of any kind. NB: Clients do not live in our office. Please note that it is entirely at the client’s discretion whether they choose to respond.
Thank you for this, it was just a bit strange as I've never had to do that before! I'll be re-sending the letter for sure :lol:

LunaMellark

Post by LunaMellark »

jayeshgadia wrote:
LunaMellark wrote:Hi,

Best Wishes, Jess.
Weird it is.
I sent three pictures and got all three signed three weeks ago. I sent it exactly the way you
Had by including a SASE.
Also why would an agency forward all letters thru mail when
Ideally they should be getting everything's signed in one go
From their client and send it back in the same SASE. Unless she has decided
To change the agency and hence they are playing hard to get.
Very strange! I will re-send the letter nevertheless with the additional stamped envelope, and hopefully it will get to her this time :D

Rourke24
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Rourke24 »

You're welcome. I am so shocked they do it that way, never heard of it myself. I wish you all the very best going forward on your autographs
carlosreddevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosreddevil »

Unfortunately quite a few agencies are starting to do this now. It's part of the new Royal Mail remit not to forward on mail - although it is weird that they were able to return to sender which is pretty much the same as forwarding on to another person, ie not adding any extra postage to send it on. Oh well. Looks like that's more added cost for our hobby!
Eastenders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Eastenders »

:shock: that's odd. hope you get a reply when you write to her again !