Matt Groening in London Success

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
bobfred

Matt Groening in London Success

Post by bobfred »

Date Monday: 16th July 2007

Matt Groening was a guest on Channel 4's Richard and Judy.
I heard about this in the morning so went to London with the intention of trying to get an autograph.
Before the show I caught him and asked for an autograph. He seemed very kind and was more than happy to forfill my request. I was just expecting a squiggle but insted he drew a small sketch of Maggie Simpson and signed it in blue biro. I am so happy. My expectations were exceeded, This has to be one of the best successes you can get! Matt rocks. Role on The Simpsons Movie.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5333 ... 001cx2.jpg
RuleroftheWorld

Re: Matt Groening in London Success

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Great success {thumb2} Yeah he is a great in person signer, he seems to regularly add sketches too, seems like a great guy. Now if only I could meet him LOL
DavidWright75
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DavidWright75 »

Wow! Congrats - that was very nice of him - very lucky you :razz: {up}

Allison

High Quality PhotoShop: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=87034
Magazine Photos for Sale: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=87041

Image R.I.P. HEATH LEDGER - you will always be Patrick Verona to me... You will be greatly missed!
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

That's very cool! :D Congratulations! :D

Fatima xxx
bobfred

Post by bobfred »

With him promoting The Simpsons Movie he is bound to be giving many interviews and be guests on shows. The best bet is to just listen out when and where he will be giving these and if any location is fairly near by, just try your luck and go there.

I always get annoyed how you only often hear about premiers and apperances after they happen.
It was pure chance that I heard on the day that he would be guest and then luckily I knew where the studio was. It was suprisingly easy and was actually shocked that no one else thought of it as I was the only other autograph hunter waiting.

good luck and happy hunting
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

bobfred wrote:With him promoting The Simpsons Movie he is bound to be giving many interviews and be guests on shows. The best bet is to just listen out when and where he will be giving these and if any location is fairly near by, just try your luck and go there.

I always get annoyed how you only often hear about premiers and apperances after they happen.
It was pure chance that I heard on the day that he would be guest and then luckily I knew where the studio was. It was suprisingly easy and was actually shocked that no one else thought of it as I was the only other autograph hunter waiting.

good luck and happy hunting
I'll keep my fingers crossed he'll be somewhere near (and that I hear about it!!) but people very rarely come near where I live, which is a shame. Hopefully I'll hear about somewhere in advance and I'll get the chance to do a little travelling :lol:

It is very surprising there was no one else around though, hes the kinda person who you'd expect dealers to be following everywhere, especially as interest in the Simpsons is going to be very high at the mo.
Hubert_Duchat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hubert_Duchat »

that's a great autograph ! {thumb2}

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:44 am.