Bruce Springsteen IN-PERSON SUCCESS! (Old success)

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
TristAndShoutt
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Bruce Springsteen IN-PERSON SUCCESS! (Old success)

Post by TristAndShoutt »

This is a fairly old success that I had a year or so ago with musical artist Bruce Springsteen. I'm pretty sure it happened before I initially got into TTM autographs and joined this site, so I thought I'd post it here now, even if it's a little late.

On August 23, 2018, my mom and I took a trip to New York to see Springsteen's limited show he was doing on Broadway (which was amazing, by the way!). Near the end of the show- while Bruce was still doing "Born to Run"- I left and went out by the stage door while my mom stayed in to watch the rest of the show. When I first went out there were only 2 or 3 other people, and by the time my mom had come out there must've been at least 20-30 out there! Still, I had gotten a really good spot in the front since I came out so much earlier than everybody else.

So we all waited for maybe 15-20 minutes, then Bruce's wife Patti came out- she definitely wasn't in the mood for any autographing, she just walked out, waved to the crowds and got into the car pulled up by the exit. Then, no less then 10 seconds after the man himself came out! Bruce, on the other hand, was more than willing to go through every single person and sign their items, myself included. I got him to sign one of the Playbills we had and a "Greatest Hits" CD I brought along for the trip. I included a link to a video of me getting my things signed along with the whole rest of the crowd (I'm the kid up front with the newsboy hat and the floral shirt on :D). If you listen closely you can hear me saying "Bruce, the show was incredible", to which he responds "Thank you, young man!"

I feel super blessed that I was able to get his autograph, as from what I've heard whether or not he signed people's stuff varied from day to day– sometimes he'd come through and sign, others he'd just come out and leave with an apology. I'm so glad that I was able to get him on one of the former days! {??}

SIGNING VIDEO:

PICS:
ImageImage
Successes: Tom Kalinske, Annie Potts, Phil Collins, Alexey Pajitnov
Pending: Randy Newman
In-person autographs: Bruce Springsteen, Chris Trapper, Adam Levy (lead singer of The Honeydogs)
Broadway casts: Hamilton 2017 & 2018, “The Lion King” 2017, “The Band’s Visit” 2018
Kclj520
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bruce Springsteen IN-PERSON SUCCESS! (Old success)

Post by Kclj520 »

Neat success, and cool video too! Thanks for sharing with us!

Blessings,

Kevin