"Planet Terror" & "Death Proof" sigs...Authentic??

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
zipbags

"Planet Terror" & "Death Proof" sigs...Authentic??

Post by zipbags »

A few years back I got these 2 posters that were supposedly signed by the casts of "Planet Terror" and "Death Proof". The sigs all looked good. The only one that I questioned was Freddy Rodriguez. Since it looks nothing like his sig. Which is why I think its legit. If it was a fake. Why have every sig look legit and this one not even close. So I wonder if Freddy did this (since he added his character name in the middle) on purpose?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sigs include...
-Rose McGowan
-Marley Shelton
-Rosario Dawson
-Kurt Russell
Plus others...

johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: "Planet Terror" & "Death Proof" sigs...Authentic??

Post by johnnylightning »

I hate to tell you but i feel the mary elizabeth winstead autograph is fake because i have 6 pictures signed by mary and have seen many more and she always puts mary E winstead not just mary winstead and also the winstead always has all the letters and is much longer and everything about it looks wrong to me,Also the m in mary always ends and isnt connected to the ary part but on yours it flows into the ary . I also have kurt russells autograph on a official donruss americana trading card and have seen other kurt russell autographs and the kurt russell on your poster looks wrong to me too.I would just be afraid if even one is fake they could all be fake because the whole intergrity of the poster is then in question.
Last edited by johnnylightning on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Here is the mary ones for you to compare but in my opinion the one on your poster is fake,someone tried to make it look right but its off.
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

johnnylightning wrote:I hate to tell you but i feel the mary elizabeth winstead autograph is fake because i have 6 pictures signed by mary and have seen many more and she always puts mary E winstead not just mary winstead and also the winstead always has all the letters and is much longer and everything about it looks wrong to me. I also have kurt russells autograph on a official donruss americana trading card and have seen other kurt russell autographs and the kurt russell on your poster looks wrong to me too.
I also have gotten Mary E through the mail. I was just wondering if she signed when she was rushing at wherever she may shorten it. Who knows.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

zipbags wrote:
johnnylightning wrote:I hate to tell you but i feel the mary elizabeth winstead autograph is fake because i have 6 pictures signed by mary and have seen many more and she always puts mary E winstead not just mary winstead and also the winstead always has all the letters and is much longer and everything about it looks wrong to me. I also have kurt russells autograph on a official donruss americana trading card and have seen other kurt russell autographs and the kurt russell on your poster looks wrong to me too.
I also have gotten Mary E through the mail. I was just wondering if she signed when she was rushing at wherever she may shorten it. Who knows.
Yeah could be i cant be sure but a item signed by that many people i would always be suspicious and doubt authenticity.But i just feel the mary one has too many differences than usual to be authentic.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I hope its real because you probably paid alot for these items!
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

I agree with everyone on this. However I would need a "full" story on this to give my best opinion. Was it done at a premiere or a sit down signing somewhere? When was it done?