Michael Jordan Autograph

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
Jumpman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Michael Jordan Autograph

Post by Jumpman »

Hi guys,

This is my first post on here, so go easy on me.

In 1996 when I was in my early teens, I saw a signed photo of Michael Jordan at a video store behind the counter. This video store sold a lot of various things like movie toys and so on.

In any case, it had a certificate of authenticity with it, so I thought 'what the hell'.

Now back then (in Aus) the Internet just came out, so you can imagine the lack of information about back then with this kind of stuff. You see a Certificate of Authenticity and think 'yeap it must be real'.

Looking at the signed picture, in sunlight you can tell that the signature was done by textar and that its not printed on. The signature looks like all of Jordan's other signatures going around.

The question is, how do you really know its real?

The other day I searched up the information of the people on the Certificate of Authenticity.

Companies name and representative were
"All Sports Memorabilia"
"Laith S. Neesan"

This is the information I obtained from my investigation:

1) This website:
http://www.traderlist.com/Caution_Mar2006.html
has a user which claims (in 2006):

"This guy sells fake memorabilia. He's a fraud who will promise you the world and deliver on nothing"

2) This website:
http://www.traderlist.com/Caution_July2004.html
has a user which claims (in 2004) the below. Note, I don't know if this is the same user which posted the above, but they have a different e-mail address:

"Just wanted to let people know that this guy is scum. He sells only fake autographs that I'm aware of and goes by Quality Sports. This guy guarantees his stuff as authentic but they aren't at all. If you are lucky you might get the stuff you buy but it is bad most likely. This guy also goes by Sam and Sami Neesan which is his middle name. He usually only takes money orders and Western Union. Don't!!! let him con you into buying extra stuff or being a partner of his cause he will take you to the cleaners hardcore like he did me. He has names on Yahoo of Sportsgroup2003 and Sportsgroup2004 just look at all the feedback it is all negative. He also has been on Ebay under sportstoys4boys but was suspended for shill bidding. I don't know what sites he is on now but I'm sure he is still around. He is a professional crook so please stay away from him for all you can. I'm working on building a case on him so if you've been taken by him for whatever amount then please go to IFCCfbi.gov and file a report on him. The more reports that are filed the more likely he'll be put where he belongs. Thanks for reading this. "

3) This cached google search:

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:gN ... =firefox-a

shows that Laith Neesan, All Sports Memorabilia, filed 'bankrupt'

Okay, now the two people that complained, they complained that
a) They didnt receive their goods - I have mine...

and

b) He sells fake memorabilia - they didn't provide any proof of this...

Now putting these two people aside who have no proof and just might be sour about items they havent received
and put aside that his business is bankrupt (which can happen to any business unfortunately),

How do I validate my item is authentic?

Also would you like pics posted up later?

thanks all
Anthony
wlperie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Michael Jordan Autograph

Post by wlperie »

Hi Jumpman!

Welcome to FanMail.biz.

Of course, I am guessing that you now know that COA's mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the authenticity of autographs.

I did a Google "Laith Neesan" to find that he (or someone with the same name) currently has items for sale on http://www.sportsbuy.com. Here is a link to an item of his:

http://www.sportsbuy.com/book.do?bookID=3087820

You could consider contacting the seller through the listing above to see if he remembers any information about the signature you have.

Whereas I dont pay attention to the autograph Michael Jordan too much, it would probably be a good idea to post a picture as I am sure others on this board would give you an opinion. And, although I am not a big fan of third party authenticators, I would recommend that you consider sending it to PSA/DNA or JSA for an opinion as I am sure that they have dealt with a lot of Michael Jordan autographs. The authentication opinions of PSA/DNA and JSA seem to be the most reliable in the authentication world, although mistakes do happen.

Wlperie 8)
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

With all the information floating around about this guy being negative, it is highly unlikely that the auto you have is authentic. If you choose to send it to PSA or JSA it will probably cost you $100 or more (the bigger the star, the more they charge to evaluate the sigs) and that is non-refundable whether your item is authentic or not. You probably should get some opinions before you spend even more money. If you post a scan/photo of the sig in this forum you should be able to get some feedback from the members here.
Jumpman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jumpman »

Hi guys
Thanks for the input

As far as I'm concerned, the only 100% way to know for sure if an autograph is real, is by witnessing them sign it. Unfortunately that won't happen to me down here in Aus :)

I myself don't like the sound of this guy

I did previously send a message to him on that auction site a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back. Not the best sign so far...

PSA does sound good, but again, like you guys said, might not be worth it - the only reason I'm thinking it might be worth it is because the autograph (even if it has been signed by someone else) looks so damn legitimate

But what if someone forged it so well, you can't tell the difference, whose to say PSA won't simply say 'yes this authentic' ?

I guess there's really no way I'll know for sure

PSA is as close as I could get to knowing , and I'd probably only be 75% reassured by that stage if it came back as 'legit'...

shame really. but thanks guys.
wlperie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wlperie »

You are correct. The only way of being absolutely positive as to the authenticity of an autograph is to witness it being signed in-person; forgers know this. That is the reason that it is so hard to prosecute individuals who are forgers.

I would still recommend posting a picture of the signature on here. If users believe it to be authentic, then you could consider sending to PSA/DNA. I checked, it costs exactly $100 to have Jordans signature authenticated by them.
Hitman73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hitman73 »

I would post a pic of the Jordan.

And to whoever said COA are all junk> not true i have many star wars auto's that i did not see signed IP that are infact as legit as it gets. They are the ones that were signed IP and offer them as 100% COA from Official Pix, and Wattos has 100% legit COA. I also have 100% legit COA from Florida comic con that came with every signed photo i recieved and i was not there to see them signed IP.

Now most all of the COA on evilbay are inkjet junk and mean nothing!, there are a few that are legit but i would say 99.9% are junk and 99.9% autos on evilbay are JUNK!!!.
Scavenging the wasteland for autographs!!!

!!!!AUTOGRAPHS FOR SALE!!!!
http://hitmancollectibles.ecrater.com/

Photobucket account
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v141/BigJim73/
TMSanders316
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TMSanders316 »

Post pics. I am pretty good at identifying Jordan autos since I have studied them for a while and still continue to do so. His is a tough one since it has changed a lot over the years. I hope that it's legit.
thetruth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thetruth »

No need to post pics... unfortunately your sig is fake. He has been kicked off of Ebay for selling fake sigs & yes they were Jordan sigs. Sorry. Spread the word to avoid Laith Sami "Sam" Neesan.

By the way, it's not the dealer's fault...Sam has been at this for years as the complaints explain. Good luck in the future!