Yao Ming's autograph. Opinion Please!

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Yao Ming's autograph. Opinion Please!

Post by superletterfan »

I recently bought a Yao Ming's autograph from Ebay. The COA shows it is from an American based company called LEFT FIELD SPORTS MEMORABILIA in LA.

Do you think this auto is likely to be authentic, i have tried to do some research, but no result about this company exist on internet

Pictures here:

Never Give Up!
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Yao Ming's autograph. Opinion Please!

Post by jasonw »

I am sure this has been mentioned for alot of times; but COA means nothing. No matter how fancy the COA is, no matter what laser stickers they add on to it - they do not "prove" anything regarding the authenticity of an autograph :?

I will try to find a Yao Ming autograph for you to compare with.

Jason.

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Here are scan of an autographed Basketball sold on Yao Ming's official fan site:

http://www.yaomingfanclub.com/StoreDeta ... roductid=2

I have got some ideas on the authenticity of the item; however, may I ask how much you brought this item for first? Also, may I have the ebay user name of this seller?

Jason 8)

Click to view!
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

I have actually compared a lot of Upper Deck Yao Ming's auto cards on EBAY before i buy this item. The auto itself looks perfectly fine.

What worries me is the source. Before i bought it, they were told me all their autos are import from USA.

Here is the seller's store:
http://stores.ebay.com/PAPER0880

I bought it aroung 18 US$ (in auction format), I think. When foreigners people try to fake Chinese character, they usually done badly (like i see many Zhang Ziyi, Jet Li, Jackie Chan's auto on Ebay). But this one looks perfect, that's why i decide to purchase it...
Never Give Up!
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Hi supperletterfan
Sorry I couldnt get back to you earlier on as the board was down. I aggree with your point that it is hard to forge Chinese characters and the signature on your photo does read out "??". Comparing your autograph too the one sold on his official fan site I would say that it is authentic.
Jason.

Click to view!
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Thanks for your opinion. Hopefully, it is authentic.
I also notice that they have lots of Kobe's auto, only sells for 40, no one bid. But for Kobe's Upper Deck auto, people willing to bid above 100. I see the the auto on the photo is exactly like those auto cards, why people don't buy cheaper ones. Maybe US people only believe Upper Deck for NBA's auto...
Never Give Up!
karra28

Post by karra28 »

i have checked out his autographs on many sites and i believe yours is authentic,so glad you purchased a real one :)