Are Steve Martin,Robin Williams + Dick Van Dyke Autos Authen

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
vespasian
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Are Steve Martin,Robin Williams + Dick Van Dyke Autos Authen

Post by vespasian »

in person example.......the same as his ttm one

http://www.autographworld.com/auction/o ... ?id=201526
also brownie any chance you can put up a pic of the book?
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Brownie: Please can I see some In person examples of Steve Martin's autograph.
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Just wanted to say I am not doubting that the TTM Steve Martin autographs may be secretarial but I was just in a bit of denial when I first heard as it seems more and more of my autographs that I thought were signed by the actual celeb are turning out to be secs and this is heartbreaking and sad news for me.
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

mymymy wrote:Just wanted to say I am not doubting that the TTM Steve Martin autographs may be secretarial but I was just in a bit of denial when I first heard as it seems more and more of my autographs that I thought were signed by the actual celeb are turning out to be secs and this is heartbreaking and sad news for me.

I understand 100% and I have a lot of the same successes, as everyone else. And for one moment I dont doubt anyone on this site, I just doubt, quite a few of the celebs, and after one success, I saw today I'm begining to doubt another big celeb, who I recieved from just under 3 weeks ago.

Basically the speed of the return, was so fast, that he had to be in the office, the day the letter was recieved. (highly unlikely) if this was his home address, then yes I would have thought it was authentic.

There's so much more to an "authentic", then just the way it looks, where does it come from in line with where the celeb lives, and many other factors. And it's all to easy, to send out secretarials, why you dont even have to read your own fanmail. Just get your sec, to send out another wonderful 8x10 inch "signed photo" and off you go.

And if all the celebs, where "so honest" why would we need a "is it authentic" forum!!!!! Yes there are still authentics sure there is, and if you stick, to just writing VV or Home address, or the BBC, then yes there's still a number of authentics, to have and enjoy, sometimes it means a little more work, but thats the way forward.

There are even a couple of agents that are sometimes pretty good, but please dont always trust them.
vespasian

Post by vespasian »

autoland .......you still get secretarials via venue from celebs........ive seen secretarials from germany from clint eastwood :neutral:
davihaun
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by davihaun »

As for Dick Van Dyke I found a photo that shows similar signature to what people have been getting TTM. I have no idea if this is even real, but it is something to compare.

At the bottom left of the poster under the word "celebrating".
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/8/660624 ... 8c.jpg?v=0
Brownie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Brownie »

Hey mymymy,

I sent you a PM of Steve Martin's Authentic signature obtained in-person at a book signing.

Top-10 Favorite Autographs: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Johnny Depp, Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Larry David, Gary Oldman and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

My Autograph Website: http://squishington.webs.com/
Brownie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Brownie »

I'll post the picture here as well.

Top-10 Favorite Autographs: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Johnny Depp, Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Larry David, Gary Oldman and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

My Autograph Website: http://squishington.webs.com/
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

vespasian wrote:autoland .......you still get secretarials via venue from celebs........ive seen secretarials from germany from clint eastwood :neutral:

Oh dear Vespasian, how can poor autograph collectors like us EVER WIN. I do absolutely stand by you, in trying to look on the bright side., as same stars do care about their fans.

Yes old Clint Eastwood, is a hard autograph, to obtain so I still think that most VV are a pretty good deal. {thumb2} {thumb2}
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Wow thats a lot of sigs on that pic. Dick's auto there does look very simillar to the TTM ones