For TRASH - Getting To Know The Various Forms Of Autographs

Trash
autographgirl

Another way to tell

Post by autographgirl »

Another way to tell if your autograph is real is to smell it, usually with sharpies there is a strong scent to it when smelt up close.
Allyson
:lol:
dark_raider
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thats

Post by dark_raider »

a really good one. I'll have to remember that one {up}
" To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in white flower, to hold infinity in the palm of your hands and eternity in an hour"
Smith

Post by Smith »

John Talvota is Sec fact. Anybody that disagrees is just blind. He said years ago he did not sign TTM and it is clearly his sister signing for him. But im sure people will still believe its him signing.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

Smith wrote:John Talvota is Sec fact. Anybody that disagrees is just blind. He said years ago he did not sign TTM and it is clearly his sister signing for him. But im sure people will still believe its him signing.
That's what I tried to say as well :P
outofrehab
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by outofrehab »

i think it is bad of celebs to send out pp, and autopens because they are cheating their fans out of an autograph, if they get loads of fanmail, they should make an effort to send out as many real autographs as they can, that way if you keep trying you will eventually get one. also i find it hard to believe that some of the celebs who send out pp ie rowan atkinson, are too busy to sign!
Emiley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emiley »

Wow, thanks for the information on that! Really helped. :D Also, if you get an autograph and it's basicly personalized like.. "Hey (insert name here)! Thanks for the letter. Love, (insert celebrity n ame here)"
You can basicly tell it's real right? Because it is personalized.. =/
RuleroftheWorld

Re: Another way to tell

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

autographgirl wrote:Another way to tell if your autograph is real is to smell it, usually with sharpies there is a strong scent to it when smelt up close.
Allyson
:lol:
How does that prove its real though, as opposed to secretarial?
Volante

Post by Volante »

Emiley wrote:Wow, thanks for the information on that! Really helped. :D Also, if you get an autograph and it's basicly personalized like.. "Hey (insert name here)! Thanks for the letter. Love, (insert celebrity n ame here)"
You can basicly tell it's real right? Because it is personalized.. =/
Nope that doesn't mean it's authentic. Well, if the text matches the signature, then it's probably authentic (or could be secretarial as well) but in many cases the text/personalisation doesn't match the signature which is probably a secretarial inscription to a PP or AP.
click banner to check out my autographs :)
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

The real/secretarial thing is....well, a hot topic. Travolta's is very questionable though, agreed.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

DTP wrote:There is a GREAT service out there who authenticates services, although it is somewhat costly depending on whose signature you send in to have authenticated. The service is PSA/DNA, a division of Collector's Universe. I've bought dozens of PSA/DNA authenticated items and they are by reputation #1 in authenticating signatures. PSA/DNA items typically go for a premium because of their solid reputation. Their sports card grading service is a great service I've used for years, and I think the company is top-notch. You can find out more info by visiting http://www.psadna.com. When you visit the site, you may be under the impression it's only for sports-related memorabilia, but they authenticate EVERYTHING. I have PSA/DNA items of several actresses and other people besides athletes. Check it out.
Please dont recommend this site, they are awful. There are many lawsuits against them, and they've even authenticated PREPRINTS as authentics!!