For Trash 11) U.S. Customs Forms For International Shipping

Trash
Gus

Re: 11) U.S. Customs Forms For International Shipping

Post by Gus »

I'm from the US, and I send tons of stuff overseas. I have never had to fill out a customs form, and it has never been a problem. I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Gus wrote:I'm from the US, and I send tons of stuff overseas. I have never had to fill out a customs form, and it has never been a problem. I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.
Gonna bump this thread up with a correction.

Based on what I was told at the post office today, they make everything other than a basic letter envelope require a customs form

Gus - Not sure how you haven't had to fill one out, but sounds like you should
TransformersGirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TransformersGirl »

well i am new here and i am really confused..
I was going to send a letter to Shia LaBeouf when i came across your website which made me think i could send letters to the majority of my favourite actors and actress. I live in the U.K and i am really confused about how i would send a letter to the USA to Shia and how i would recieve one if he sends one back.
I am confused about the type of stamps i woud have to use and how big my envelop would have to be.
By the way this is my first time sending to a actor/actress and i am unsure about what to do.
Thank you for your help
Ox
'You Big Brown Beautiful Eyes, Your Soft Lips and this Slender Figure of Yours' - Shia Labeouf
dreamingofyoo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dreamingofyoo »

wait.. hold up.. i need some clarification... so do i need to fill out one of those if I'm sending those manlia envelopes with letter/photo/sase inside?
karra28

Post by karra28 »

dreamingofyoo wrote:wait.. hold up.. i need some clarification... so do i need to fill out one of those if I'm sending those manlia envelopes with letter/photo/sase inside?

yes you have.. :)
michaelj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by michaelj »

Hello,

I'm sending a few albums from the US to artists in the UK. I know I'll have to fill out a customs form when I send the package overseas (UK) -- will the artist have to complete a UK customs form when they send them back?

If so, does this diminish my chance of getting something signed or is this something that they see from time to time and isn't a big deal for them or their staff?

Thanks!
MJ
paulmustang1

Post by paulmustang1 »

I am confused on this topic ok,i personally have sent 100's of times abroad an never had to do any of this is this something new or what?
Emi89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emi89 »

i have to say, generally when i have to complete these i tick gift regardless

most of the time it is a gift i'm sending

but also, i dont want the person i'm sending to to get stuck with any customs charges for something i've sent them

i bought a cd from a big company (WB) from the artists official website and i got stuck with a customs charge that was about the same as the cost of the original CD, its crazy, i then had the amount of the CD refunded to an address that wasnt linked to my paypal since they didnt ask just assumed i was emailing from the address i sent payment from, which i wasnt. i obviously couldnt accept it and they havnt responded since... fun experience, not. haha
Selise

Post by Selise »

paulmustang1 wrote:I am confused on this topic ok,i personally have sent 100's of times abroad an never had to do any of this is this something new or what?
No, it's not something new. You only have to complete a customs form if you're sending something large in the mail - eg TShirt, baseball, etc.
paulmustang1

Post by paulmustang1 »

Ok thank's i have sent to the u.k. several times and never had to do this that is why i asked.